Transferring made simple
Springfield College provides each accepted student with a transfer credit evaluation that includes how credits were received as well as which credits are needed to complete a bachelor’s degree.
Generally, courses taken at regionally accredited institutions that are 100-level or higher in which students earned a grade of C- or better will transfer. Credits are eligible to transfer into the general education core and to fulfill major and elective requirements.
Credits that meet the following criteria will be reviewed for transfer equivalency.
- The credits are less than 10 years old (seven years for sciences).
- You earned a grade of C- or better in the course.
- We offer a similar course at Springfield College.
- The course was a 100 level course or higher (developmental courses are not eligible)..
- The course was earned at a regionally accredited institution.
For students enrolled at our area community colleges, our general education course equivalency guides provide a clear sense of courses that will transfer to satisfy general education requirements at Springfield College.
Students who have earned an associate's degree within the last ten years from a regionally accredited institution will be eligible to have their general education courses waived.
- Springfield Technical Community College Students
- Holyoke Community College Students
- Asnuntuck Community College Students
Springfield College requirements that can be met with transfer credit include general education requirements, major requirements, and elective requirements.