The Office of Multicultural Affairs aims to cultivate and sustain a campus climate that is inclusive, student-centered, pluralistic, and safe. In short: we want to help make the campus as inclusive as possible. And, we need students like you in order to achieve that.
If you’re interested in social justice, consider getting involved with our office, where we initiate, implement, and support comprehensive educational, cultural, and social programming, critical service-learning opportunities, and advocacy.
We do this in hopes of fostering inclusiveness, understanding, and appreciation across multiple dimensions of diversity while also promoting academic achievement, cross-cultural competence, intergroup dialogue, leadership development, and social justice education among all members of the Springfield College community.
Through collaboration with offices on campus, as well as the local community, our office creates opportunities for you to challenge bias, explore identity development and intersectionality, and expand your knowledge and appreciation of all facets that contribute to intentional and transformative learning.
Our Core Values
- Recognize our power, privilege, and responsibility to be intentional in our language and decision making
- Recognize that diversity, social change, and equity must be addressed at multiple, interconnected levels
- Lead with an open mind and open heart
- Advance diversity and inclusion across the institution
- Collaboration and community building
- Empowerment and ethical leadership
- Social justice and inclusion
- Student success and transformative education
Do our values align with yours? Learn more about our programs, or stop by our office, located in the Flynn Campus Union in suite 350, to get involved.
|Edrine Olowo||Graduate Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Angelica Polk||Student Assistantemail@example.com|
|Susan Suy||Student Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org|