Take a short break from your work and de-stress with a chair massage. Massage therapist Ericka Williams will provide fifteen-minute chair massages between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. in the Wellness Center Resource Room on the following dates:
- Monday, Feb. 8
- Monday, Feb. 29
- Monday, March 21
- Monday, April 11
- Monday, May 9
Reserve an appointment with Campus Recreation, at ext. 3468, by the Friday before each of the above dates. Participants may only register for the upcoming date.
The massage therapist also will be available on Tuesdays for full body massages at the regular prices.
Employee Group Exercise Classes
In addition to the general spring 2016 Campus Recreation Group Exercise Schedule, the following classes are offered to Springfield College Employee Wellness participants, Jan. 25 through May 4. There will be no classes on Feb. 15 and there will be a modified schedule during spring break and finals. All classes are held the Wellness and Recreation Complex, room 214.
Registration is not required to participate in these classes. If you would like a private introduction to any class, please email Kate at email@example.com or Jessica Ballister at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join us on Mondays from 12:05 to 12:50 p.m. for a great H.I.I.T. (high-intensity interval training) workout that will blast calories during and after your workout. Modifications are given for all fitness levels.
Join us Tuesdays from 12:05 to 12:55 p.m. for a yoga class that offers appropriate modifications for both beginners and experienced students. Classes teach comfortable alignment, improved respiration, stress relief, and relaxation. Flexibility is NOT a prerequisite for this class!
BODYPUMP, the original Les Mills barbell class, will sculpt, tone, and strengthen your entire body. BODYPUMP will help you burn fat, gain strength, and quickly produce lean body muscle conditioning. This class is held from 12:05 to 12:50 p.m. on Wednesdays.
This class will be held on Thursdays from 12:05 to 12:55 p.m. Enjoy the best of both worlds in this unique class that incorporates the physical conditioning of Pilates with the mind-body experience of yoga. Yogalates will also incorporate balance work to target your entire core.
Guts, Butts, and Thighs
This class will focus on the abdominals, glutes, and legs. The instructor will lead you through abdominal/core exercises, squats, lunges, & a variety of lower body moves. This class will be held on Fridays from 12:05 to 12:50 p.m.
Employee Wellness participants are invited to attend monthly wellness seminars that include a lecture and discussion. Healthy lunches, provided by ARAMARK, are offered during these seminars, which are held in the Athletic Training and Exercise Science building Room 225 OR PE Complex Room 117, from 12-12:45 p.m. Please register by the Friday before each program.
Back in the Groove
Wednesday, Feb. 3
- You may have fallen into a fitness rut over the holidays. We are here to help you get back into the groove. Learn about setting realistic resolutions and techniques for exercise adherence.
Wednesday, March 2
- Join us and learn about how wheat really affects our bodies.
Wednesday, April 6
- Dr. Sue Guyer will present tips on how to take care of your back. Topics may range from desk ergonomics to exercise to sleeping conditions, etc.
March Into May
Get moving this semester with our annual walking challenge for Employee Wellness participants. (Students are also welcome to register.) Participants who need a pedometer can pick up them from the office of Campus Recreation. Please email Jessica Ballister at email@example.com if you need a pedometer. The program will run Feb 29 through May 1.
Prizes (TBD) will be awarded to the following steppers:
- Participant with the highest number of steps
- Top department with the highest average step counts
- Participants who submit steps for at least 50 days
Registration is required. Register here. (Note: if you participated in Fall into Wellness, you do not need to create a new account.)
Employee Cooking Classes
Join the ARAMARK chefs in these hands-on classes that cover a variety of information and cooking techniques. The menus are seasonally inspired and allow each participant to bring home a meal for four.
Classes are offered in Cheney Hall’s back kitchen from 4:30-6 p.m. Classes are limited to staff and faculty participants. Email Christine Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org to register by the Friday before each class. Space is limited to 8 participants. Note: participants may only attend one cooking class per semester.
Cancelation policy: If you have registered for a cooking class and cannot attend, you must give at least 24 hours notice. If you do not give 24 hours notice, you will be charged a fee of $50 (the cost of the class per person). You may also find a replacement and forward the name to Christine Johnston at least 24 hours in advance of the class.
- February 25, 2016
- March 31, 2016
- Exercise psychology is the study of psychological factors associated with participation and performance in exercise. Consultants help their clients achieve an optimal fitness mindset, improve exercise adherence and performance, and develop a healthy and active lifestyle. Free exercise psychology consulting will be offered through the Springfield College Employee Wellness Program. Employees will have the opportunity to schedule individual sessions with Jessica Ballister, a sport and exercise psychology master's student at Springfield College. Email email@example.com for more information or to schedule your first session. Space is limited.