Assistive Technology Program and Adaptive Workstations
Springfield College is committed to the unique and diverse learning styles of all students. The Assistive and Adaptive Technology at Springfield College includes a wide range of software and hardware to assist students, faculty, and staff. Springfield College students are welcome to use the Assistive and Adaptive Technology workstations during office hours.
Individualized and group trainings and workshops are available by appointment by contacting the staff of the Academic Success Center.
The primary location of these software programs is the Academic Success Center on the third floor of the Learning Commons. The adaptive workstations, located in the Academic Success Center, utilize computing equipment to assist learners of all backgrounds and abilities with their academic endeavors.
Technology at the Adaptive Work Stations
- Text-to Speech Software (Kurzweil 3000, Kurzweil 1000, FireFly by Kurzweil*, JAWS, Learning Ally*)
- Speech-to-text software (Dragon Naturally Speaking)
- Adjustable height tables in each workstation
- Multiple Scanners
Additional Assistive Technology Available in the Academic Success Center
- Talking Graphing Calculator (ORION TI-84 PLUS)
- FM System (FrontRow)
- Braille Embosser (Juliet PRO 60)
- Enlarging software (ZoomText)
- Two Assistive Listening Devices (Comfort Contego and PFM PRO RCH)
- Mobile Tactile Drawing Tool (inTACT Sketchpad)
- Combo braille display and braille notetaker (Vario Ultra)
- Digital Notes (Evernote*)
*Cloud–based subscriptions to learning platform - access based on accommodation eligibility for registered Springfield College Students students