Graduate PhD, Teaching and Administration Program Outcomes
Goal 1 : Graduates will be skilled as researchers in the field of physical education.
- SLO 1 : Describe and compare/contrast various research designs and analytical tools;
- SLO 2 : Critically review multiple lines of research within the sub-disciplines of physical education;
- SLO 3 : Design and conduct an original research project;
- SLO 4 : Recognize applications of research findings for meaningful contexts, such as schools and community agencies;
Goal 2 : Graduates will be competent in disseminating knowledge of physical education and sub-disciplines.
- SLO 5 : Use written and oral communication to demonstrate knowledge of physical education and sub-disciplines: pedagogy, athletic administration, applied sciences, philosophical and social issues, and expectations of and issues experienced by faculty in higher education;
- SLO 6 : Write a full research proposal, adhering to professional guidelines;
- SLO 7 : Compose a full journal manuscript suitable for publication;
Goal 3 : Graduates will gain employment in the field.
- SLO 8 : Create evidence of scholarship, service, and teaching skills;
- SLO 9 : Evaluate career options within and beyond academia.