Math and Computer Technology Program Outcomes
Goal 1 : Breadth of mathematical knowledge at the intermediate college level.
- SLO 1 : Solve problems involving functions on the real numbers (or subset thereof) and operators on these functions (such as differentiation and integration).
- SLO 2 : Transition between various representations of functions: symbolic, graphical, and numerical
Goal 2 : Achieve basic computer literacy.
- SLO 3 : Be proficient with common computer office software for creating spreadsheets, presentations, and web pages.
- SLO 4 : Gain advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access.
- SLO 5 : Basic competence in procedural programming and debugging.
- SLO 6 : Knowledge of computer graphics and animation software.
Goal 3 : Mathematical thinking: Students should demonstrate the ability to reason mathematically as well as to understand mathematical arguments and critically assess their validity.
- SLO 7 : Understand the structure and significance of a mathematical proof.
- SLO 8 : Apply general mathematical theorems and principles to specific cases.