Apply to PhD in Physical Education - Exercise Physiology Specialization
PhD in Physical Education - Exercise Physiology Specialization
- January 15
*Please note that review of applications for fellowship positions begins Feb. 15, and all students need to be accepted before they can be considered for a fellowship position
- A 3.0 cumulative GPA preferred, with GRE scores of 150 in both the quantitative and verbal reasoning section and 4.0 in writing. Please note that these figures are all preferred scores and not used as cut-offs.
- Several other aspects of the application are considered, with particular emphasis on grades in science classes and personal factors, including the on-campus interview.
- Completed application and $50 application fee
- Please include any college activities, out-of-school leadership experiences, work history, and community involvement to support your interest in or qualifications for graduate study.
- Personal statement
- In two to three double-spaced pages, please describe significant life experiences that have contributed to your interest in your field, your understanding of this field, your occupational objectives, and why you have chosen Springfield College.
- Official college transcripts
- An official transcript from each college/university you have attended is required.
- Transcripts must be in English. If the transcript is not in English you will be required to submit a professional credential evaluation completed by any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. In some cases, including if you plan to request coursework be transferred, a course-by-course translation is required. For this we recommend the World Education Services or Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Please provide the recommendation form to each of the three people you have chosen to comment on your interest in graduate study at Springfield College, as well as your preparedness for it.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores
- Scores must be from examinations taken within the last five years.
- GRE Code: 3763
- Any student seeking to be admitted to one of the three PhD specializations must have completed or be in the process of completing a master's degree. An acceptance to one of these three specializations is only possible if a candidate has met this requirement. If the master's degree is not complete at the point of application it must be able to be completed within the first year of study here. Any acceptance granted would be contingent upon the completion of the master's degree within that timeframe.
International Applicants from non-English speaking countries must demonstrate English language proficiency by way of one of the following examinations:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
All application materials should be mailed to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
263 Alden Street
Springfield, MA 01109
If you choose to email your application documents, please note that transcripts and letters of recommendation will not be considered official unless they are emailed directly from the original source and not from the applicant. Please submit materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program falls within the Department of Exercise Science and Sport Studies. When prompted to select a major, please choose exercise science and sport studies.