Apply to Doctoral Physical Therapy
Doctor of Physical Therapy
Learn more about the doctoral physical therapy program.
- Kathy Pappas
Phone: (413) 748-3028
- Dec. 1 for application and support materials
- Summer entry only
- Completed bachelor’s degree with foundational sciences and the Doctor of Physical Therapy program prerequisites completed prior to entry into the program, including the following
- Eight credits each of biology, anatomy and physiology, physics, and general chemistry
- Three to four credits of exercise physiology
- Three credits each of advanced math and statistics
- Six to nine credits of social sciences or psychology
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 is required in your major as well as a minimum 3.0 GPA in the math and science requirements
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required with combined scores of 300 or better for each of the sections
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required for applicants whose first language is not English
- Documentation of a minimum of 10 hours of observation in a physical therapy setting from time when you are not the patient
- The physical therapy program at Springfield College is primarily an early assurance program and accepts most of its students directly from high school into a six-year Bachelor of Science and Doctor of Physical Therapy degree pathway. Space for new graduate applicants is limited and is determined by attrition of students in the pre-physical therapy major.
- Springfield College participates in the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS) for all graduate student admissions. No paper applications will be accepted for admissions.
- The PTCAS site is available to prospective students after July of each year at ptcas.org.