Apply to PhD in Physical Education - Sport and Exercise Psychology Specialization
PhD in Physical Education - Sport and Exercise Psychology Specialization
- Jasmin Hutchinson, PhD
Director for Sport and Exercise Psychology
Phone: (413) 748-3601
- January 15
- Fall start date preferred
- A graduate GPA of 3.0 or higher and GRE scores above the 50th percentile for verbal and quantitative reasoning, and a four or higher on the analytically writing component
- A strong academic background in sport and exercise psychology and research, strong letters of recommendation, and a well-written personal statement
- Completed application and $50 application fee
- Please include any college activities, out-of-school leadership experiences, work history, and community involvement to support your interest in or qualifications for graduate study.
- Personal statement
- In two to three double-spaced pages, please describe significant life experiences that have contributed to your interest in your field, your understanding of this field, your occupational objectives, and why you have chosen Springfield College.
- Official college transcripts
- An official transcript from each college/university you have attended is required.
- Transcripts must be in English. If the transcript is not in English you will be required to submit a professional credential evaluation completed by any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. In some cases, including if you plan to request coursework be transferred, a course-by-course translation is required. For this we recommend the World Education Services or Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Please provide the recommendation form to each of the three people you have chosen to comment on your interest in graduate study at Springfield College, as well as your preparedness for it.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores
- Scores must be from examinations taken within the last five years.
- GRE Code: 3763
- Any student seeking to be admitted to one of the three PhD specializations must have completed or be in the process of completing a master's degree. An acceptance to one of these three specializations is only possible if a candidate has met this requirement. If the master's degree is not complete at the point of application it must be able to be completed within the first year of study here. Any acceptance granted would be contingent upon the completion of the master's degree within that timeframe.
International Applicants from non-English speaking countries must demonstrate English language proficiency by way of one of the following examinations:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
All application materials should be mailed to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
263 Alden Street
Springfield, MA 01109
If you choose to email your application documents, please note that transcripts and letters of recommendation will not be considered official unless they are emailed directly from the original source and not from the applicant. Please submit materials via email to email@example.com.
This program falls within the Department of Exercise Science and Sport Studies. When prompted to select a major, please choose exercise science and sport studies.