Apply to Physician Assistant Studies
Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies
The physician assistant program will enroll a limited number of graduate students into the January 2021 term. The application will open on April 1, 2020 and close on June 1, 2020.
- Lucy Saloio
Phone: (413) 748-3554
- April 1 - Application deadline for early consideration (students must have already earned a Bachelor's degree at the time of application, as well as completed all prerequisite course work); January entry only
- June 1 - Application deadline for general consideration; January entry only
- Overall and prerequisite GPA of at least 3.0 with no less than a C+ in the required courses.
- 470 hours of direct patient care and 30 hours of shadowing are also required.
- The ideal candidate will have a higher GPA than is required and will have at least 1000 hours of direct patient care.
- Completed application and $50 application fee
- Please include any college activities, out-of-school leadership experiences, work history, and community involvement to support your interest in or qualifications for graduate study.
- Personal statement
- In two to three double-spaced pages, please describe significant life experiences that have contributed to your interest in your field, your understanding of this field, your occupational objectives, and why you have chosen Springfield College.
- Official college transcripts
- An official transcript from each college/university you have attended is required.
- Transcripts must be in English. If the transcript is not in English you will be required to submit a professional credential evaluation completed by any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. In some cases, including if you plan to request coursework be transferred, a course-by-course translation is required. For this we recommend the World Education Services or Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Please provide the recommendation form to each of the three people you have chosen to comment on your interest in graduate study at Springfield College, as well as your preparedness for it.
- Prerequisite and applicable experience records
International Applicants from non-English speaking countries must demonstrate English language proficiency by way of one of the following examinations:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
All application materials should be mailed to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
263 Alden Street
Springfield, MA 01109
If you choose to email your application documents, please note that transcripts and letters of recommendation will not be considered official unless they are emailed directly from the original source and not from the applicant. Please submit materials via email to email@example.com.