Apply to Strength and Conditioning
Master of Science or Master of Education in Strength and Conditioning
- Brian A. Thompson, PhD, ATC, CSCS*D
Phone: (413) 748-3495
- March 15 for fall entry
- The program seeks students with an undergraduate GPA of 3.0. Coaching experience and strength and conditioning internship experience also is recommended. Effective for Fall 2021 entry term, submitting GRE scores is optional.
- Completed application and $50 application fee
- Please include any college activities, out-of-school leadership experiences, work history, and community involvement to support your interest in or qualifications for graduate study.
- Personal statement
- In two to three double-spaced pages, please describe significant life experiences that have contributed to your interest in your field, your understanding of this field, your occupational objectives, and why you have chosen Springfield College.
- Official college transcripts
- An official transcript from each college/university you have attended is required.
- Transcripts must be in English. If the transcript is not in English you will be required to submit a professional credential evaluation completed by any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. In some cases, including if you plan to request coursework be transferred, a course-by-course translation is required. For this we recommend the World Education Services or Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Please provide the recommendation form to the two people you have chosen to comment on your interest in graduate study at Springfield College, as well as your preparedness for it. These letters should speak to your academic ability and potential or prior experience in the field. Personal references will not count toward meeting the minimum letters required but will be added to your file as supplemental.
International Applicants from non-English speaking countries must demonstrate English language proficiency by way of one of the following examinations:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB)
- Pearson Test of English (PTE)
All application materials should be mailed to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
263 Alden Street
Springfield, MA 01109
If you choose to email your application documents, please note that transcripts and letters of recommendation will not be considered official unless they are emailed directly from the original source and not from the applicant. Please submit materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.