The Springfield College Undergraduate Admissions Office is responsible for the recruitment and selection of future native and transfer students. Through strategic travel, creative communication, prospective and admitted student on-campus event hosting, and consistent relationship building with sending schools, Springfield College’s admissions staff works towards meeting annual enrollment goals. Additionally, the office provides early college access education to elementary and middle school groups through specialized tours and information sessions. The Undergraduate Admissions Graduate Fellowship is a two year commitment that offers 20 credits of tuition remission and an hourly wage of $13 per hour that does not exceed $7,800 annually. The fellows are responsible for approximately 20 hours of work per week (including Saturdays from October through May).
Fellowship responsibilities include:
- Support the mission of the Admissions Office to meet enrollment goals and provide early college access education
- Conduct prospective student interviews daily including Saturdays from October to March
- Provide weekly large group information sessions including Saturdays from March to May
- Assist the on-campus event coordinator with the fall open house campus exposition and the accepted student open house campus inclusion fair
- Assist the on-campus event coordinator with accepted student departmental program correspondence and data collection
- Assist the student ambassador coordinator in the creation and implementation of student panel trainings for admissions events, prospective student overnights, and faculty programming
- Participate in two weeks of college-supported travel in each of the fall semesters and on an as needed basis in each of the spring semesters
- Assist in the confirmation of group tours
- Assist with support staff administrative tasks
- Maintain confidentiality around information shared by prospective students while interviewing and in the contents of student application files
Fellowship Required Qualifications
Required Qualifications: Position Requirements: Hours per week: Full-time: 20 hours per week including two weeks of College supported travel.
Hours per week: Full-time: 20 hours per week including two weeks of College supported travel.