130 Years of Football
Join members of the Department of Athletics and Alumni Relations as we celebrate 130 years of this special “Brotherhood” at Springfield College on Saturday, Oct. 30.
Schedule of Events
Tent and the President's Residence
11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
Join Head Coach Mike Cerasuolo '93 and Director of Athletics Craig Poisson, G'90, DPE'99, as we honor 130 years of football; celebrate the retirement of former defensive coordinator Jack Holik, G'82; and recognize former Head Coach Mike DeLong’s ('74) induction into the Springfield College Athletic Hall of Fame that will take place later that evening. We also will recognize the historic successes of many teams.
- 1956 - A Springfield team that went 8-0-1 under Head Coach Ossie Solem.
- 1965 - A Ted Dunn-led squad that rattled off a 9-0 record for the first undefeated and untied record in program history.
- 1998 - Led by Mike DeLong, Springfield reached its first NCAA Division III Championship Tournament, going 9-2 on the year.
- 2000- Coach DeLong and the Pride rolled to a program-record 11 wins and a conference title, and reached the East Regional Final of the NCAA Division III Championship Tournament.
- 2002 – Springfield returned to the NCAA Division III Championship Tournament and owned an 8-2 mark on the season.
- 2003 - Following a 10-0 regular season, this Springfield team advanced to the second round of the NCAA Division III Championship Tournament.
- 2006 – Springfield advanced to the NCAA Division III Championship after claiming a share of the Empire 8 title during its record-setting campaign.
- 2017 - Coach Mike Cerasuolo’s team won the inaugural New England Women’s and Men’s Athletic Conference Championship as the Pride went 10-0 in the regular season to return to the NCAA Division III Championship Tournament.
Cheer Springfield College to victory over the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy.
Springfield College Athletic Hall of Fame Reception
Check-in and Social Hour
Judd Gymnasia, Stitzer Welcome Center Foyer
Springfield College Athletic Hall of Fame Dinner and the Induction of Retired Head Football Coach Mike DeLong '74
Registration is required to attend the kick-off brunch and Athletic Hall of Fame dinner, which includes the induction of retired head football coach Mike DeLong '74.
Use your major credit card to secure reservations at the Hampton Inn in West Springfield, Mass., by calling (413) 732-1300 by Sept. 29.
For questions about the weekend, please email the Alumni Relations staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Springfield College is following COVID guidelines shared by the Massachusetts Commissioner of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Please visit springfield.edu/covid for the latest updates.