Class of 1977
Dear Class of 1977:
Last Call!!! 40th Reunion - June 8-11, 2017
- Thursday - Pizzeria Uno’s at 7 p.m. Located at 820 Hall of Fame Ave., a two-minute walk from the Hampton Inn/Suites Downtown Springfield.
- Friday - Golf Tournament; Boardwalk Extravaganza evening in Cheney.
- Saturday - Parade of Classes, Humanics-In-Action Luncheon (where we all come together to make build a bears for kids in children’s hospitals, write postcards to the troops, & make soup for a local soup kitchen), and Class BBQ in the evening. Classmate Gale Alexander will share his Illusionist Talents too!
- Sunday – Complimentary Farewell brunch at Cheney
- Overnight accommodations: International Hall – very convenient – one stop for the whole weekend – no driving necessary. Limited amount of rooms available for our class (basement and first floor only), so please find a roommate if you wish, and sign up on a first-come basis via the registration brochure which will be arriving at your home in mid-April. OR - an off-campus a block of rooms has been reserved: Hampton Inn and Suites Springfield/Downtown – (413) 310-2300
- Supporting our Alma Mater is important. Our gift in 2017 will be memorialized with a brick on MacLean Terrace behind Alumni Hall.
- Registration: Brochures to arrive about mid-April. Class dues are $20 (separate from the Springfield Fund). Please make dues checks payable to Springfield College, be sure to write Class of ’77 in the notes section of your check and mail it to the Alumni Relations Office. There will be a souvenir from the weekend!
- Class of 1977 web page – http://springfield.edu/alumni-relations/class-pages, Facebook page www.facebook.com/Springfield College Class of 1977
The Alumni Relations Office will help accommodate anyone who wishes to attend that might have some special needs. Please notify the Alumni Relations Office in writing 2 weeks prior to your arrival with any reasonable accommodations you require.
This is it! We look forward to seeing everyone there June 8-11, 2017 – If you cannot commit to the whole weekend, please to come for the day on Saturday.
Yours in spirit, mind, and body!
Patrick Campion, Karen Budd Gill, Anne Weaver McBride, Dan McBride, Mark “Chumley” Hildebrandt, and Chuck Strong
Hello Class of 1977:
It’s been four decades since we left Springfield College! Our 40th Reunion is slated for June 8-11, 2017.
This is a six-month countdown to make some plans to get back for reunion. I know, it seems like we just did this, but if you feel like we do, the years, seem to have picked up speed and are just flying by.
Why not pick up the phone or shoot an email out to those you hung out with and join them on campus to catch up?
The campus has changed and so have we. It’s been five years since the tornado hit the campus. While there are still spaces where there used to be many trees, there are also now many new beautiful facilities to enjoy.
We too, are five years further down the road. We’ve lost some classmates along the way. We will honor them at our class dinner. But, as witnessed at the last reunion, several new friendships either rekindled or were made which was great fun to watch. It’s worth the effort to come and see what might happen!
Tentative Schedule: There will be a golf outing on Friday followed by a Boardwalk Extravaganza in the evening in Cheney. Saturday features the Parade of Classes, a Humanics In Action Luncheon and our Class BBQ dinner in the evening. Classmate Gale Alexander will share his Illusionist Talents too! Sunday there will be a farewell brunch at Cheney! Along the way there will be plenty of time to catch up with roommates, dorm-mates, teammates and friends. Come for all or just part of the weekend. Look for the formal registration brochure coming your way in April 2017.
Overnight accommodations: International Hall – very convenient – one stop for the whole weekend – no driving necessary. There are a limited amount of rooms available for our class (basement and first floor only), so please find a roommate if you wish, and sign up on a first-come basis during registration (the formal registration brochure will be mailed to you in April 2017). If you prefer somewhere more comfortable: an off-campus a block of rooms has been saved: Hampton Inn and Suites Springfield/Downtown.
Supporting our Alma Mater is also important and we hope you have supported SC over the years. Please join us in helping provide current students with the same sort of opportunities that we had. If we hit our $25,000 goal, our gift in 2017 will be memorialized with a brick on the new MacLean Terrace behind Alumni Hall. You may want to consider making your gift on the Day of Giving (March 1, 2017).
Registration: Brochures to arrive sometime in April. Class dues are $20 and we will have a nice souvenir to top off the weekend! Please remember your dues are not tax deductible and should be over and above your gift to the Springfield College Fund. They must be separate checks and include “ ’77 Class Dues” or “Springfield College Fund” in the notes section.
Class of 1977 web page – www.springfieldcollege.edu – alumni – class pages – 1977; Facebook page www.facebook.com/Springfield College Class of 1977
We’ve got this wonderful opportunity to step back in time and catch up, compare lives, and make new plans. We get it!
We look forward to seeing everyone there June 8-11, 2017!
Yours in spirit, mind, and body!
Karen Budd Gill
Anne Weaver McBride
Mark “Chumley” Hildebrandt
Dear Class of 1977 -
Yep – It’s us again! This time, nearly 40 years have passed since we graduated! So we are planning another trip back in the time machine to visit Springfield. The honor of your presence is requested to please join us on June 8-11, 2017 at Springfield College.
There will be plenty of activities planned that will allow us to gather and socialize with former classmates and friends. Some highlights include a golf tournament, a wine/beer tasting, tour of the campus (which looks different even from our 35th reunion), and a parade of classes. You know there will be some volleyball nets hanging around and there might even be some of us with knees good enough to still play! A silent auction to benefit our class is possible if you have some great items (or trip or condo) to donate. The Alumni Office will do the work to conduct the auction throughout the weekend for all classes in attendance, and the proceeds go into the Class of ’77 coffers. We would love to hear from all of you, “the end users” about your thoughts and ideas to make the reunion lots of fun.
As this is our reunion year, we hope to make a significant commitment to the Springfield Fund (formally the Alumni Fund) this year. In 2015-2016, our class contributed $68,660 in support of the College. However this represented only 60 donors or just 13% of our class. Our goal is to surpass not only the amount raised last year, but more importantly the level of participation. If we can raise enough, the Great Class of 1977 will be memorialized with recognition at the newly renovated MacLean Terrace, behind Alumni Hall. So please keep this in mind and please support the College at the level you feel comfortable.
Finally, as we have done in the recent past, we’re going to be holding our dinner at an old favorite location….in back of International Hall. There is a great deck for our cocktails/dinner overlooking the lake and the trestle. We won’t have to travel far for our overnight accommodations as we will either stay in International or Alumni Hall. As you may recall, the rooms are rather spartan – that hasn’t changed – but that’s what makes it all the more fun. Bring a fan! For those of you who prefer a bit more in the way of comfort, a block of rooms is being held at the Hampton Inn and Suites Springfield/Downtown.
What do you need to do?
- Mark your calendars.
- Call some former roommates, teammates, and friends.
- Plan on coming and taking some time to chill out and reminisce.
- As more of us might be retiring and finding some discretionary travel time, it’s fun to find classmates who live in places which are great to visit. Call someone to join us!
It will be a great weekend! We hope to see you there!
Pat Campion Karen Budd Gill Dan McBride
Anne Weaver McBride Mark Hildebrandt