Class of 1954
Happy 65th Reunion!!!
New Year's Greetings from the Class of 1954 65th Reunion Committee,
- We hope you will join the 6 of us in a New Year's Resolution to return Home to the Shores of Lake Massasoit for all if not part of our 65th Reunion (June 6 - 9).
- If you have not already, please make your hotel reservations at the Hilton Garden Inn by calling 413 886 8000 with your major credit card. Ask for the Springfield College Reunion block. The cutoff date is May 6, 2019.
- If you have trouble driving in the evening the Alumni Office Staff has solved that issue for you. There will be a scheduled shuttle going between the hotel and Campus several times on Friday and on Saturday.
- If your "bionic parts" are catching up with you and walking is a challenge, the Alumni Office Staff has solved that too. There will be a fleet of golf cart taxis. Just flag one down and hop in and enjoy the company of one of the FABULOUS student staff who will be glad to take you anywhere on the main Campus. It is better service than provided by cabbies in New York City.
- To meet the Student Staff is to know that our Alma Mater strong and continuing to attract and train young people determined to go out into our world and make it a better place in which to live.
- If you do choose to support our Alma Mater with a gift, you will see first-hand the quality of young people in which you are investing. It is heartwarming.
- While there will be many wonderful activities arranged for us of particular note will be an interactive session sponsored by our class (but open to all returning Alumni) on Friday morning. This session will feature Dr. Sam Headley, the Class of 1954 Peter A. Karpovich Chair for Wellness, who will share how he and his team are working to positively impact the lives of patients who have chronic kidney disease. Stay tuned for more details.
- And speaking of Karpovich our Saturday evening dinner will be hosted in the Karpovich Room in the newly renovated Harold C. Smith Learning Commons. It is an amazing space dedicated to a True Son of Springfield located in the midst of a new state of the art facility.
- Well that is all for now. Make the Resolution TO COME HOME, make those hotel reservations and watch your mail for detailed registration material coming later this spring.
Charlotte “Pinkie” Fisher
Rip Van Camp
Eunice Ganung Wiseman
On behalf of the Class of 1954’s 65th Reunion Committee, we invite you to Reunion 2019 on Thursday-Sunday, June 6-9 at Springfield College.
The staff at the College is committed to providing many accommodations to make your decision to attend Reunion an easy one. Please consider:
- Relatives who wish to support you during Reunion can attend any on campus events for free. So please bring your son, daughter or grandchild – anyone who can help you enjoy the weekend. We’re certain they will enjoy it, too!
- If you need a break at some point but are concerned about finding a place to rest, don’t worry! Springfield College will provide you a room in Alumni Hall to lie down, take a nap or just get some peace and quiet at no cost! Regardless if you staying at a hotel in downtown Springfield or at the home of a nearby friend or relative, there is a place on campus for you to rest when you need it.
- As always, the College provides transportation from the hotel to campus and back. Keep in mind this is a scheduled shuttle, not an on demand taxi. Once you arrive to campus, an army of one stripers in golf carts will be waiting to greet and assist you.
Among the highlights of the exciting programs the College is planning for Reunion is a presentation led by Professor Samuel Headley, the inaugural recipient of the Class of 1954 Peter A. Karpovich Chair for Wellness on Friday, June 7. This will be a wonderful opportunity to meet Dr. Headley and hear about the progress made on his project. In addition, Dr. Headley will be joined by other faculty members to share other initiatives pertaining to wellness. We know you will be pleased to learn how Springfield College is keeping Dr. Karpovich's spirit alive through the work of the faculty.
In addition, we are working with the Student Prince on a casual dinner on Thursday evening for members of the class who arrive early. What a great way to kick-off our 65th reunion! Details will be forthcoming.
The Alumni Office’s hospitality and attention to detail make it easy to attend. So join us for our 65th class reunion to celebrate extraordinary relationships founded in a unique time in our nation's history and in our lives. Did you know that we were the first graduating class at Springfield College that included traditional undergraduate women? Or that a high number of classmates served in the military? If you served in our armed forces, please let us know on the enclosed pre-response form. One thing we all know: many of us have lived the Humanics Philosophy throughout our lives. This distinctive trait has bonded us through the years.
The host hotel for the Class of 1954 is the Hilton Garden Inn across from the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield. The College has secured a block of rooms for our class at $152 per night plus tax. Parking is free.
To make your reservation at the Hilton Garden Inn, call 413-886-8000 prior to May 5, 2019 and be sure to mention the “Springfield College Reunion block.” If you are interested in other options, please contact the Office of Alumni Relations at 413-748-3161.
Memories await you for the 65th Reunion of the Class of 1954 on June 6-9, 2019. Make plans to come back to Springfield College for part, if not all, of the weekend. Watch your mail and email for details about programs, registration and more. Finally, one of us will be contacting you to catch up and discuss your plans to attend our 65th class reunion. You will be hearing from us soon! In the meantime, please fill out and return the enclosed pre-response form. A reply envelopes is included. This is not your formal registration. It is to give us an advanced idea of numbers.
Charlotte “Pinkie” Fisher
Rip Van Camp
Eunice Ganung Wiseman