Class of 1982
Dear Springfield College Class of 82 and friends,
When you receive this, it will be less than 60 days to our 40th Reunion, June 9-12, 2022. The Official Reunion Registration Information from the College will arrive any day. GET EXCITED! Send in your registration information so everyone knows you are going and it will attract other friends. If you are a Facebook user, check out our group page “Springfield College Class of 1982” or visit our Class of 1982 webpage available through the SC Alumni Site. Classmates are already committing to attending. Give us permission to let people know through Facebook that you will be attending. Please know committing to attend on Facebook is NOT registering. Some information I know so far.
Overnight accommodations: Alumni Hall on Campus – Very convenient and inexpensive – one stop for the whole weekend – no driving necessary as most events are on Campus. Reservations are made via the official Reunion registration brochure. Remember it is a dorm and that means twin beds, no AC, (you all remember) but some of us stay there every year and have a great time. If you want to stay off campus, our class has a block of rooms available at the Hilton Garden Inn Downtown for $159 a night. This shares the same parking lot as the Basketball Hall of Fame and there is no fee to park. Reservation Block is SCRE22. Please make reservations May 5th.
Official Information and Registration material was emailed by the college on April 19. That is how you register for any events as well as reserve a room in the dorm.
- Golf Tournament at Shaker Farms in Westfield Friday morning
- Wellness Institute Sessions on various topics Friday
- Game Night Dinner with music on Friday night
- Saturday Class Reception followed by All College Dinner at the Presidents House with music
- Class of 82 has the Fire Pit behind Alumni Hall reserved Friday and Saturday nights
- Food Trucks with beer and wine tasting Saturday afternoon
- Saturday Afternoon Wellness Event at East Campus
- Pickle ball instruction and available courts Saturday afternoon (rackets are available on campus)
- Complimentary Sunday Farewell Brunch
Get there and get your friends there- Our Reunion Committee has been meeting regularly
and trying to reach out to as many Classmates as possible to increase attendance. Sorry if
some of you feel we’re being too aggressive but we really want to see you again. I’m also asking
all of you to help make our Reunion a success. First by making plans to join us in June. Second contact as many of your classmates as possible and convince them to join us. You won’t be disappointed. Watch for more information on our Class of ‘82 webpage through the
Alumni Office site. Join our SC Class of 82 Facebook group for more frequent updates https://www.facebook.com/groups/139519732835812/ Contact me if you have any questions or ideas. Maybe you’d like to invite a former faculty member to attend our reception.
I hope to see you all in June.
President, SC Class of ‘82
On behalf of your 40th reunion committee:
Cheryl Croce, Mitch Finnegan, Sue Hendee, Tess Foley Leary,
Karl Quinn, Nancy Khachian Quinn, and Becky Snow
Dear Springfield College Class of 1982,
Our 40th Springfield College reunion is June 9-12, 2022, and we want to see you for a few hours or for the whole weekend. There are lots of reasons to come back to SC; here are my top reasons for going to reunion:
1. It’s fun. Everyone says after reunion that their face and ribs hurt from smiling and laughing so much. (How great is that!) Come and laugh.
2. We are interesting people with similar and varied life experiences. Come and catch up.
3. The campus is beautiful with new and renovated buildings and playing fields. Come and see.
4. There are new educational, cultural, and building initiatives underway. Come and learn.
5. If not this year, then when? Who knows what 2027 will bring for our health or for work and family responsibilities? Come this year.
6. Our connection to one another is palpable when we are together.
On that last point, I was at a VT highway rest area when I spotted a young man sporting a Springfield College Pride sweatshirt. I yelled across the parking lot, “Go Springfield”. He looked up and without hesitation started walking toward me. We shared a few memories about our respective time at SC, despite a 35-year age difference. In that moment I realized that all students and alumni of Springfield College share an attitude of friendliness, helpfulness, and community. Come and reconnect.
Here are some of the planned activities:
- Golf tournament (Friday morning)
- Presentations from faculty about the Wellness Institute, an exciting new venture
- Dinner and game night with life-size games, fun for all ages
- Humanics in Action - low key volunteering for the community at large (Saturday)
- Veterans Ceremony
- Wine, beer, and food trucks with lawn games
- 1982 reception, followed by all class barbecue dinner and dancing
- Send off brunch (Sunday)
See Class of 82 Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/139519732835812/ for more info and to add photos. Also, watch for SC’s Alumni web page.
To start planning and accommodations:
Please complete and return the included pre-response form. It is not a registration, but helps us plan for the number of classmates who might return to campus. Thank you.
Alumni Hall: It’s still a dorm, no air conditioning or window screens, unisex bathrooms. It’s fun, easy to be on campus, and avoids a commute to a hotel.
Hilton Garden Inn: 800 Hall of Fame Ave, Springfield MA 01105; (413) 886-8000
Rate: $159.00 per night ask for the “SC Reunion 2022” block. The confirmation number is “SCRE22”. Deadline for reduced rate: 5/5/2022
We are eager to spend time with you June 9-12, 2022. Come be with us.
With Warm Regards,
Becky Snow and the 40th reunion committee:
Nancy (Khachian) Quinn (co-chair)
Karl Quinn (co-chair)
Bill Boland (co-chair)
Tess (Foley) Leary
Dear SC Classmates,
We hope this letter finds you and your families healthy and well as we all do our part to emerge from this Global Pandemic.
Heading into the Holiday season, there is much to be thankful for. We are especially thankful to be working with an amazingly talented team of classmates - under the leadership of class president Bill Boland, and with the guidance and support of the Alumni Office in the planning of our 40th Reunion. Where has the time gone Class of 1982!
Please mark your calendars and help us spread the word for our 40th Reunion Weekend. We want to see you!!! In-person at Springfield College, June 9-11, 2022. Spend as much or as little time as you can at good old SC. Let’s reminisce together on our youthful days as proud Springfield College “Triangles”.
Get your Spirit, Mind and Body charged up for a walk down memory lane and see firsthand all the exciting changes to our beloved College campus.
Let’s all pitch in whatever we can to help the next generation of leaders being trained at Springfield College on the shores of Lake Massasoit. More to come…
Yours in Health,
Reunion Co-Chairs, Karl Quinn and Nancy (Khachian) Quinn
Class President, Bill Boland