General Graduation Information for Students
Students can find information related to the degree application, senior survey, and cap and gown purchase in PrideNET by clicking on MyProfile and then My Graduation Info.
Please log in to PrideNET for the following:
Senior and Graduate Student Survey
As graduating students you are requested to complete the senior or graduate student survey, which provides us with valuable information about your experience at Springfield College.
All students who are planning to graduate must complete a degree application form. Degree applications for students planning on graduating in May and/or participating in the May commencement ceremony are due to the Office of the Registrar by Feb. 1.
Cap and Gown
Academic regalia is required at commencement and Baccalaureate, and should be purchased through Herff-Jones and the Springfield College Bookstore
Students from the Springfield, Mass., campus are strongly encouraged to pre-order their gown from Herff-Jones by March 1, 2020.
Caps and gowns will be available for pick up at the Springfield College Bookstore after April 1, 2020. Payment will not be required until your cap and gown is picked up. Pre-ordering will ensure that your appropriate academic regalia is available at the bookstore. Those who are unable to meet the pre-ordering deadline can purchase their cap and gown at the Springfield College Bookstore from April 1, 2020, through graduation during normal business hours.
Please note: Doctoral candidates should order their caps, gowns, and hoods directly from the Springfield College Bookstore.
Regional campus and online students should select the “regional and online” option when ordering and your cap and gown will be sent directly to you. Orders should be placed at least 19 days before the commencement ceremony to avoid express shipping charges. Please note that payment must be made when your order is submitted.
2020 Cap and Gown Price List
|Master’s Hood Only||$29|
*Bachelor's Unit includes cap, gown and tassel
**Master’s Unit includes cap, gown, hood, and tassel
Doctoral candidates should order their caps, gowns, and hoods directly from the Springfield College Bookstore.
Class Rings and Graduation Announcements
Personalized announcements and rings can be ordered directly from Herff-Jones (herffjones.com or (800) 837-4235). Generic announcements and rings can be ordered from Josten (jostens.com or (800) 854-7464).
General Information for All Ceremonies
There will not be a rehearsal for commencement. Graduates will be given instructions during the pre-ceremony line-up on the morning of their commencement ceremony
Professional Conduct and Attire
The commencement ceremony is a formal academic event. Graduates are expected to dress and behave in a professional manner during the ceremonies.
The College reserves the right to request that unacceptable attire be removed, or to exclude from the ceremony any prospective graduate who does not meet acceptable standards of dress or conduct.
The following honors/awards have been approved by the Commencement Committee and may be worn at the ceremonies:
- Honor cords issued to undergraduate degree candidates who are awarded their degrees with honor, for example, gold for summa cum laude, maroon for magna cum laude, and white for cum laude (cords will be distributed at check-in prior to the commencement ceremony on May 17, 2020);
- White sashes worn by student marshals at the graduate and undergraduate ceremonies;
- Blue and gold honor cords worn by Master of Social Work graduating students inducted into the Phi Alpha International Social Work Honor Society;
- Pin awarded to Emergency Medical Services Management degree candidates who are paramedics;
- Blue and white honor cords worn by graduate students in rehabilitation who have been inducted into Chi Sigma Iota;
- “S” pin issued to senior student-athletes by Student Affairs and Athletics;
- Medallions presented to three graduating seniors in athletic training: Senior Scholar, Senior Service, and All-Around;
- Gold and green cords worn by accounting, business management, health care management, and marketing majors who have been inducted into the Sigma Beta Delta Honor Society;
- Red and green honor cords for biology majors inducted into the Tri Beta Honor Society;
- Red and black honor cords awarded to English majors and minors inducted into the Sigma Tau Delta Honor Society;
- Medallions awarded to seniors in the Department of Visual and Performing Arts;
- Purple cords issued to seniors inducted into the Kappa Delta Pi Education Honor Society;
- Sash worn by senior class officers, the student trustee, and seniors who were on the Student Government Association Executive Board;
- White and maroon sashes issued to students in the Cultural Connections program;
- Green honor cords awarded to students of distinction in the Department of Physical Education and Health Education based on GPA, professional memberships, and service;
- Blue and platinum cords issued to seniors in psychology inducted into the Psi Chi Honor Society;
- Pin worn by Occupational Therapy students representing their transition from student to practitioner;
- Blue and gold honor cord and honor pin awarded to students inducted into Delta Phi Tau, the National Physical Therapy Honor Society; and
- Green and silver honor cords and pin awarded to Physician Assistant students inducted into the Phi Alpha Honor Society.
Graduates should be aware that the commencement ceremonies will require participants to climb stairs to the stage while wearing academic regalia. In order to ensure their safety, candidates for degrees should choose sensible footwear for the ceremony. High heels, flip-flops, and other unstable shoes are not a good choice for this event.
A professional photographer will take a photo of each graduate during the ceremony. Photo samples will be sent to your Springfield College email address during the week following commencement. After the ceremony, you may order online at gradimages.com or call (800) 261-2576. You are welcome to take pictures before and after the ceremony. Only professional photographers will be allowed in front of the stage in the Field House and on the floor at the MassMutual Center.
Please note that diplomas for May graduates will be mailed after commencement. Please be certain that your correct address is on the degree application.
Springfield College Bookstore
The Bookstore will be open on Saturday, May 16, 2020, from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. and will be at the MassMutual Center on Sunday, May 17, 2020, from 9 a.m. until noon.