Classes will begin on Monday, August 31 and will be conducted on Labor Day (September 7). Classes will conclude in person on Friday, November 20. Classes will resume entirely remotely on Monday, November 30 and final exams will conclude on Wednesday, December 16.
To allow for receiving the results of Arrival Testing, all classes will be conducted remotely for the first week of the semester.
Classrooms and labs are being structured to ensure physical distancing and classes will be offered remotely and in person to provide hybrid delivery for learning. Students will take approximately half of their classes in face-to-face format. The rest will be taken remotely. Students will be notified when the specific assignments of format have been made for each of their classes. The information will be made available on PrideNet. An email notification will go out to all students in early- to mid-August when PrideNet has been updated.
Actions are being taken to make the in-person classroom/lab experience as safe as possible for students and faculty. In addition to mask wearing, social distancing, and, where necessary, appropriate additional personal protective equipment (PPE), the following actions are being taken:
- Classroom capacity has been significantly reduced and desks have been placed at appropriate social distances.
- Internal directional flow has been identified and labeled for each classroom building.
- Ventilation systems have been tested, filters have been replaced, and air ducts have been cleaned.
- Classrooms not meeting air quality standards will not be used.
- Tents have been rented in order to conduct some classes outdoors.
- Classroom and academic building cleaning have been increased.