HR Updates and Information: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Sunday, March 15, 2020
In response to the latest news about COVID-19 and to build on the email you just received from President Cooper, we hope all of our employees are taking the necessary precautions to keep themselves healthy and safe. In light of the ongoing public health concerns, and per her email, the College will take the following steps, effective Monday, March 16, 2020 through March 23, 2020.
- Employees, who are able to do so, may begin to telework (work from home). Managers and Division leadership have been asked to work with each employee requesting this option, assigning both meaningful work and work that will allow an employee to log their appropriate number of work hours. For those employees without College issued laptops, they may use their own personal computers.
- Essential personnel, including those designated as such in Facilities, Public Safety, certain supervisory roles, etc..., should continue to report to work as possible and as scheduled in coordination with your Division leadership. If you are unclear as to your role being deemed essential, please speak with your supervisor.
- For those reporting to work, please use this time thoughtfully, to brainstorm tasks that can be done remotely and to keep departments up and going as much as possible. Avoid gatherings and meetings, instead conduct business via phone, email, Hangouts (Google's chat function) and Zoom whenever possible.
- Given the uncertainty of this situation, employees are encouraged to take work home each time they depart, including laptops and other items they may need in case the College needs to take further steps to ensure the safety of our community.
- Please ensure that out of office messaging is used both via phone and/or email as appropriate. A designee from each department should ensure that departmental email addresses and voicemails are checked often.
- For those unable to report to work, due to illness, reporting absences to your supervisor and using accrued time off continues as normal.
- Employees who are self-quarantining, post travel or for other purposes, should remain at home and may either work remotely, with supervisor approval, or use any available and accrued paid time off.
- Employees who wish to use their accrued time off, including vacation, personal, and or floating holidays, may do so, with supervisor permission. This is a great time to rest at home, using the appropriate balances of accrued time.
- Please make sure you have temporarily removed all personal items you may need, such as medications or paperwork.
The College will continue to update our COVID-19 website and we ask that you check back often for updates.
Jonathan C. Howell, SHRM-CP, PHR | Director of Human Resources