Facilities Management has established an enhanced cleaning protocol for all areas on campus.
A brief overview of the protocol is as follows:
General Cleaning and Disinfecting procedures
- Staff schedules have been modified to better meet the needs of the campus.
- EPA approved chemicals will be used to clean and disinfect.
- High touch surfaces such as elevators, handrails, and doorknobs will be cleaned and disinfected thoroughly and frequently.
- Springfield College has partnered with a commercial cleaning company to perform Electrostatic Sanitizing Services.
- Cleaning schedules are posted in each bathroom on campus.
- Bathrooms will be closed during this process so we can ensure high-quality results.
- Please do not flush rubber gloves, masks, paper towels, and wipes. These will clog the toilets.
- In an effort to maintain social distancing we are asking that your trash and recycle bin be left outside your door when full.
- Please use common area trash bins for food waste as these will be emptied regularly.
- We will provide cleaning supplies for staff to sanitize their areas, in addition to the regular cleaning by Facilities staff.
Academic Space Cleaning
- Staff has been asked to pay close attention to detail while cleaning and disinfecting high touch. surfaces such as elevators, handrails and doorknobs.
- Cleaning supplies will be provided for use in classrooms (Request from building designee).
- 3rd shift cleaning crew will ensure classrooms are cleaned and disinfected nightly.
In addition, physical barriers and hand sanitizing stations have been installed throughout campus. Facilities Management is committed to keeping Springfield College safe for our Students, Faculty, and Staff. Welcome back!!!