The Springfield College residence halls are closing as the college transitions to online education. Information about how and when to move your belongings out of your on-campus residence is below.
The safety of parents, students, and all members of the campus community is of utmost importance during the move out procedures. A staggered move out process will be implemented to maintain appropriate social distancing. You need to arrive, pack, move-out, and depart from campus within your assigned date and time. Each student may bring a maximum of two non-students (e.g., parents, siblings) to assist with the move-out process.
Note: Moving out belongings is NOT mandatory at this time. Those who do not wish to or cannot come to campus during the scheduled move-out period will be rescheduled for May. However, if a student does come to retrieve their belongings, ALL belongings must be removed during move out. If you will not be returning to campus to move out within the timeline outlined below, please complete the Campus Housing Exception Requests Form no later than Wednesday, March 18 at 1:00pm to request a move out date in May.
To the extent possible, you and those who are helping you move out should follow recommendations for social distancing, and should be symptom free for at least 72 hours (3 days) before your scheduled move-out time. If you or those helping you are ill, with COVID-19 or otherwise, you may not return to campus at this time. To inform us of this, please submit the Campus Housing Exception Requests Form.
All checkouts will be completed as Express Check-Outs. Express Check-Out envelopes will be delivered to each room or suite before the first move-out date, and should be dropped in the gray drop box near the RA office of each hall when the student has fully vacated their room. Under normal circumstances, an express check-out would prohibit a student from being able to appeal any damage billing assigned for their room or suite, but we are waiving this given these extraordinary circumstances.
Note: Due to the extraordinary nature of this situation, students arriving outside of their assigned time period will be turned away and will be allowed to return in May to retrieve their belongings. If it is impossible for a student to return in their assigned time period, they should fill out the Campus Housing Exception Requests Form to request a different time period by Wednesday, March 18, at 1:00 p.m.
Move-Out Schedule for all residence halls
- Thursday, March 19
- 8 -11 a.m. - Last names A-Bo
- Noon - 3 p.m. - Last names Br-Co
- 4 - 7 p.m. - Last names Cr-Fe
- Friday, March 20
- 8 - 11 a.m. - Last names Fi-Ha
- Noon - 3 p.m. - Last names He-K
- 4 - 7 p.m. - Last names L-Ma
- Saturday, March 21
- 8 - 11 a.m. - Last names Mc-N
- Noon - 3 p.m. - Last names O-R
- 4 - 7 p.m. - Last names S-Ti
- Sunday, March 22
- 8 - 11 a.m. - Last names To-Z
For residents both on and off campus, a variety of services will continue to be available to you before, during, and after the move-out period.
- Housing & Residence Life phone and email will continue to be monitored during normal business hours (M-F 8:30am-4:30pm). Staffing will be limited so you may need to leave a voicemail or wait slightly longer than normal for an email reply, but someone will get back to you as soon as possible. We recommend emailing the general office email, firstname.lastname@example.org, rather than a particular individual, for the most prompt response. Our main office phone number is 413-748-3102.
- We plan to keep our social media active, with opportunities for you to interact and even win prizes! Stay connected by liking us on Facebook, or following us on Instagram & Twitter.
- Information related to an alternative plan for the In-Person Housing Selection will be released shortly, via email, directly to those that still need to select Housing for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Our staff plan to maintain communication with you. Don't be surprised to receive a phone call or email to check in "just because" or maybe even some snail mail to remind you that we miss you and we're here for you!
We know that this time brings a vast range of emotions for each of you, and we are here to support you. Please reach out if we can be of service in any way!
Your Housing and Residence Life Team