Wellness & Recreation Complex Reopening Fall Semester 2020
Guidelines/Protocols You Need to Know
A face mask must be worn correctly at all times when in the facility. The mask must stay in place without assistance and cover the area from under your chin to above your nose. NOTE: Gaiters and bandanas are not allowed to serve as masks because of the higher rate of oxygen exchange while exercising.
- The Wellness Center will operate at 40 percent capacity. When the capacity is reached in any area, that area will be closed to new entries until a patron leaves the space and we can safely allow another patron in.
- The floorplan and equipment layout has been modified to adhere to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts guidelines. Machines designated with an orange cone are unavailable for use. Staff will alternate daily which machines can be used. Moving the cones is strictly prohibited.
- Patrons are required to adhere to social distancing at all times. For exercise/recreational activities, a 14-foot distance must be maintained. At all other times within the complex, patrons must maintain a distance of six feet from one another..
- Follow all directional signage within the facility.
- Patrons must clean machines/equipment before and after use with disinfectant provided by staff.
- The use of our lockers is currently prohibited. Please bring minimal items with you to the Wellness Center. No items are allowed on the window sills, next to the equipment, or in walkways.
- Locker rooms will be open; however, social distancing guidelines apply. Masks must be worn at all times except in the shower.
- Patrons should bring their own water bottle. Water fountains will be out of service, though the no-touch filling stations will be operational.
- There will be no equipment available for check out.
- The Springfield College updated code of conduct shall apply at all times.
- Patrons who do not abide by these policies will be removed from the facility and may have their Wellness Center privileges revoked.