Cheryl Braxton EdD
Cheryl Braxton, PhD earned her Doctor in Education from the University of Massachusetts, School of Education in Amherst, Mass. She is the first in her family to earn an advanced or terminal degree. She returned to school as a late-in-life learner when she earned a Bachelor of Science in Human Services, and then a Master of Science in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from Springfield College.
Assistant Professor - Goodwin College, East Hartford, CT
- Adult education and learning style
- Leadership development
- Aligned Thinking
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and career/personal development
- Graduate Research Project I – IV
- Staffing, Supervision and Human Resource Management
- Strategic Planning
- Adult Development and Learning
Professional Certifications and Memberships
- MBTI Certified administrator (2001 - current)
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People facilitator (2000 - current)
- New England Organization for Human Services (2014 - current)
- National Honor Society for Human Services (Tau Upsolon Alpha) (2012 - current)
- CT Association for Talent Development (2015 - current)
- Braxton, C.D. (2016, April). Aligned Thinking and the Significant Competitive Edge to Accomplish More. New England Organization of Human Services Annual Conference. Conference held at Worcester State University, Worcester, Mass.
- Braxton, C.E. (2015, April). Internships: The Ultimate Networking Experience. New England Organization of Human Services Annual Conference. Conference held at Goodwin College, East Hartford, Conn.
- Braxton, C.E. (2014, May). Supervision and Management in Human Service Organizations. New England Organization of Human Services Annual Conference. Conference held at Goodwin College, East Hartford, Conn.
- Braxton, C.E. and Montanaro, R.A. (2014, January). MBTI and Stress in the Workplace. Lunch and Learn workshop held at Post University, Waterbury, Conn.
- Braxton, C.E. (2013, November). Finding Bilbo Badgins. Digital Life and Learning. November 2013.www.digilifelearn.com
- Braxton, C.E. (2013, June). E-learning; E-mail; E-Notebooks, E-meetings; Enough! Digital Life and Learning. August 2013. www.digilifelearn.com