Crystal Collier, PhD
Addiction, Adolescent Brain Development, Prevention Programming & Research, Psychology, Counselor Education, Youth Recovery, Parent Coaching.
Director of the Behavioral Health Institute
- Marriage & Family Therapy
- Counseling Skills & Modalities
Professional Certifications and Memberships
- Shame Resilience Group Facilitator
- Brené Brown & Kids Camp Facilitator
- Betty Ford Kids Camp
Community Service and Volunteer Work:
- 2014-current Association of Alternative Peer Groups, Secretary
- 2012-current Teen and Family Services, Research Advisory Board Member
- 2010-2013 The Prevention Researcher, Advisory Board Member
- Prevention Science
- Alternative Peer Group
- Counseling Integration
- Prevention Science: Sustaining Lasting Change.” Travis County Youth Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition 2015, Summit. Lifeworks. Austin, Texas, November 2015.
- 2014 ACA Ethics Update. Houston Licensed Professional Counselors Association, Houston, Texas, November 2015.
- Nash, A.J. & Collier, C. (2016). The Alternative Peer Group: A developmentally appropriate recovery support model for adolescents. Journal of Addictions Nursing, 27 (2).
- Collier, C. (2014, March). Impact of Trauma and Resiliency on Addiction, Recovery Today.
- Collier, C., Hilliker, R., & Onwuegbuzie, A. (2013, November). Alternative peer group: A model for youth recovery. The Journal of Groups in Addiction & Recovery.
- Collier, C. & Henriksen, (2012, December 10). Teachers’ perceptions of a universal, multiple high-risk behavior prevention program. The Qualitative Report, Volume 17, Week 50.
- Collier, C., Simpson, S., Najera, J., & Weiner, L. (2012, December). Peer influence and recovery. The Prevention Researcher, Volume 19.
- Collier, C. (2012). Counseling in Costa Rica: A comparative study. International Journal for the Advancement of Counselling. doi: 10.1007/s10447-012-9167-3