David Renza, MA
- Master of Arts, Education. University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, 2008.
I spent five years as a unit retention specialist for B-Co 143rd Forward Support Battalion, a Waterbury, Connecticut Army National Guard medical unit, and it was that experience that fostered my passion for working with adult learners and helping them stay focused on achieving their education goals. I wrote a book on using education benefits to help active military, veterans and dependent students complete their education. Before coming to Springfield College, I was the Assistant Director of Military Admissions at Post University in Waterbury, Connecticut. I am currently a doctoral student at Northeastern University in Boston, Massachusetts.
Professional Certifications and Memberships
- VA Certifying Official
- "Assessing Non-Traditional Students: Serving a Population Adverse to Testing" (ACCU-CLEP Conference, New Orleans, LA, June 2017).
- "Leveraging Your Military Skills for Civilian Education and Career Transition" Rider University, Lawrenceville, NJ, April, 2014).
- Military Education Benefits for College: A Comprehensive Guide for Active Military, Veterans and Their Dependents (Savas Beatie, 2010).
Community Service and Volunteer Work
- Nutmeg Big Brothers and Big Sisters
- Providence Ministries.
Your Work Inspiration
- During my undergraduate studies, I tutored a high school student from Albania in social studies who was a good student and a hard worker, but had very limited knowledge of the English language. I helped him earn a B+ in the course. About 15 years later, I met him by chance through a mutual friend and he thanked me for encouraging and helping him!
What Makes You Special
- I enjoy live sports and music.
Little-known Fact About You
- I collect presidential campaign memorabilia.