Assistant Director for Academic Services
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Sacred Heart University, Fairfield, Connecticut,1995
- Master of Education in Higher Education, University of Arkansas at Fayetteville, Arkansas,1998
- My professional work experience includes fifteen years in higher education, holding various roles within both academic and student affairs. I have had the opportunity to work with traditional and non-traditional students at several different institutions. I currently oversee the academic progress process, experiential learning, disability services and student support services, coordinate academic advising for a diverse adult student population, and teach undergraduate level Human Services Portfolio Development and Academic Skills courses at the Springfield, MA campus. I am also a Certified Life Coach and hold a Prior Learning Assessment Certification.
Professional Certifications and Memberships
- Certified Life Coach
- Prior Learning Assessment Certification
Your Work Inspiration
- I am inspired by how devoted many of our students are to earning their degrees. Many of them have more than one job, are raising a family and are engaged in their communities. Though I cannot recall a specific example, I know that I have made a difference for many students by sitting with them to examine their graduation plan and helping them to figure out how to complete the program sooner and at a lower cost. The students are the reason I come to work everyday.
What Makes You Special
- When I am not at work I like to read, take walks, and spend time with my family. I am close with my mother and sisters and have a 2 year old son who is the sunshine in my life.