- (413) 748-5233
Athletic Training and Exercise Science Facilities
Prior to her appointment at Springfield College, Kristen Ouellette had coached and interned at some of the premier sports performance facilities in the United States and prides herself on being a science driven and open-minded professional. Ouellette is the Massachusetts state director for the National Strength and Conditioning Association and has been a certified strength and conditioning coach for more than 10 years. While earning her PhD at the University of Utah, Ouellette served as the head strength and conditioning coach for the Women’s Lacrosse Team and was a graduate Assistant in the Department of Exercise Science and Sport Studies. In 2015 she worked as a research consultant for Mountain Tactical Institute in Jackson, Wyo., where she conducted applied research on mountain and tactical athletes. Presently, Ouellette is a sports performance consultant for Renaissance Periodization.
- Human performance
- Strength and conditioning
- Tactical strength and conditioning
- On-campus Practicum
- Measurement and Evaluation
- Strength and Conditioning
- Strength and Conditioning Applications
- Concepts of Personal Training
Certifications and Memberships
- National Strength and Conditioning Association Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- Military Athlete: Certified Coach
- National Soccer Coaches Association of America: National Diploma
- National Soccer Coaches Association of America Goalkeeper Level 1 Certification
- Chek Institute: Chek Exercise Coach
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- NSCA Massachusetts State Director
- New England Chapter American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA)
- NSCA Massachusetts State Clinic, Presenter: Work Capacity Training; Research and Program Design, 2015
- NSCA Rocky Mountain Regional ClinicPresenter: Optimize Your Inter-Set Rest for Improved Work Capacity Training Sessions, 2013
- Ouellette, K. A., Brusseau, T. A., Davidson, L. E., Ford, C., Hatfield, D. L., Shaw, J. M., & Eisenman, P. A. (2015). Comparison of the effects of seated, supine and walking inter-set rest strategies upon work rate. Journal of strength and conditioning research/National Strength & Conditioning Association.
- Brown, J., Tran A., Ouellette K, Young L, Waller M. Comparison of Body Fat as Determined by Air Displacement Plethysmography and Two Body Adiposity Index Equations. National Strength and Conditioning Association National Conference. Las Vegas, NV, July, 2013.
Spring 2017 Laurels Submissions
- Kristen A. Ouellette, PhD, assistant professor of applied exercise science, published “Comparison of the effects of seated, supine, and walking interset rest strategies on work rate” in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research in December 2016.
- Kristen A. Ouellette, PhD, assistant professor of applied exercise science, was named state director for the National Strength and Conditioning Association board of directors in September 2016. The organization will host a state clinic on the Springfield College campus in April 2017.