Marisol Guevara, MA, CAGS
- Ed.D International Higher Education Administration, Northeastern University, Boston, MA 2016
- Certificate of Advance Graduate Study Educational Administration, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 2006
- Master of Arts in Human Resource Development American International College - Springfield, MA 1998
- Bachelor of Science in Human Services, Springfield College, Springfield, MA 1997
Marisol Guevara has been working in outreach and recruitment at Springfield College, School of Professional and Continuing Studies for the past 13 years. She is a big proponent of education as a way to professional freedom, and participates in local and national conferences promoting higher education to adults involved in what she calls “the field of helping”. Marisol is currently a doctoral student at Northeastern University where she is pursuing an Ed.D. in International Higher Education and is at present ABD working on a dissertation titled Cultural Competence and Human Services Professionals. Her expected date of graduation is May 2018.
Professional Certifications and Memberships
- Community Action Partnership, National Head Start, YMCA, CHD, Latino Community
Your Work Inspiration
- The motivation and resiliency of our adult students about reaching their educational goals inspires me.
What Makes You Special
- Enjoying time with family and friends. I like to dance (salsa) and love to go for a jog to release stress.
Little-known Fact About You.
- I believe in the human connection to all living things. Including the sun, moon, stars, and water.