- (413) 748-3293
Robert Fiore has been published in the Journal of Entrepreneurship and Public Policy, the Journal of Business and Economics, the Journal of Applied Business Research, and the Journal of Small Business Strategy. He has a finance textbook published with Cognella Publishing. He has presented papers at the Northeast Economics and Business Association, the New England Business Administration International Conference, the Grinspoon Foundation-Entrepreneurship Initiative, the American Accounting Association Research Conference, the Clute International Academic Conference, and the Association for Global Business.
Fiore has served as the Kauffman Foundation seminar liaison to the Grinspoon Foundation as faculty representative, new directions, the New England Business Administration Association, and the Small Business Institute. He has served as a reviewer for the Academy of Management, Journal Reviewer, and Entrepreneurship Division. Fiore is a volunteer at Habitat for Humanity and served on the board of the Western Massachusetts Food Bank.
Fiore has served as a strategic analyst at the Bank of New England and financial analyst at Friendly's. He has held memberships at the National Association of Corporate Directors, Boardroom Executive, the Association for Global Business, and the Board of Directors at Springfield College. He has served as an editorial reviewer for the Academy of Management. Fiore is a successful entrepreneur creating and harvesting Northeast Air Link, Inc. and is a FAA-certified flight instructor holding an airline-rated commercial pilot’s license.
Fiore is a Fulbright Specialist in Entrepreneurship and Management. The Fulbright is a program of the United States Department of State - Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Fiore is a 2016 Grantee.
- Measurement of attribution of leadership to entrepreneurial output
- Measurement of entrepreneurial economic value and output
- Measurement of the value created by building organizational structure
- Test for the wealth creation potential of entrepreneurial firms
- Genesis process of nascent organizations
- Developing classes of entrepreneurial behavior
- Strategic Management, Entrepreneurial Studies
- Principles of Accounting, Marketing Management, Financial Management
- Operations Management
- Business Internship, Money and Banking
- Marketing, Quantitative Methods for Business
- Electric Commerce
- Organizational Development
- Organizational Research
- Economics of the Firm
Certifications and Memberships
- Association, Global Business
- Vice President, Small Business Institute New England Region
- Member, Association for Global Business
- Past member, MIT Venture Capital Forum
- Selected Industry Experience: Board of Directors, Western Massachusetts Food Bank, 1990-93
- Executive of Strategic Planning to the Board of Directors, Bank of NE, 1984-92
- Chief Financial Officer, Cerebral Palsy, Inc., 1993-94
- Consultant, The Academy of Music
- Consultant, SCORE
- Consultant, UNICO, Community Service Organization
- Division Coordination, Fund Raising, Bank of NE United Way Campaign
- Administrator, Grinspoon Grant for Entrepreneurial Students, 2002-11
- Faculty Senator, Springfield College, 2000-02
- Chair, Promotion and Tenure Committee, 1992-97
- International Academic Conference, Orlando FL, presented paper, “Corporate Social Responsibility, An Empirical analysis of Market Value” awarded best session paper, Jan. 2014
- Grinspoon Foundation Conference, Entrepreneurship Initiative, November, 2013, scheduled to present seminar, “Shark Tank, Business Pitching Defined in Practice”.
- Academic Business Research Institute Conference, Orlando, January, 2013
- Academy of Management, Boston, MA. August, 2012
- Grinspoon Foundation, Entrepreneurship Initiative, October 29, 2012, co-presented seminar, “New Product Design, for Small Businesses”.
- Grinspoon Foundation, Entrepreneurship Initiative, October 28, 2011, presented seminar, “Innovation to Enterprise”.
- Grinspoon Foundation, Entrepreneurship Initiative, November, 29, 2010, presented seminar, “Ten Methods to Entrepreneurship”.
- Accounting, Behavior & Organizations, American Accounting Association, Research Conference, Oct. 7-9, 2010, Denver, CO.
- R. Fiore, Lee, L. "Measuring levels of fundamental attribution error ascribed to leadership of entrepreneurial organizations across international cultures", Presented, published in proceedings, Clute International Business Conference, Orlando, FL, Jan. 4, 2016. (referee peer reviewed)
- Fiore, R., Zilch, K. "Fallacies produced by post-hoc analysis in management, Eleven examples of ex-ante insight", Presented at the Northeast Business & Economics Association Conference, published in the proceedings, New York City, November 6, 2015. (referee peer reviewed)
- Lussier, R., Fiore, R., Lee, L., “Measuring and Testing For Fundamental Attribution Error in Entrepreneurship” Presented, Small Business Institute Annual Eastern Conference, Proceedings, Sept. 26 & 27, 2014 (referee peer reviewed)
- Fiore, R., Lussier, R., “Measuring and testing general fundamental attribution error in entrepreneurship effecting public policy” Journal of Entrepreneurship and Public Policy, manuscript ID JEPP-03-2014-0013 accepted, Vol.4, Issue 2, 2014. (referee peer reviewed)
- Fiore, R., Lee, L., “Corporate Social Responsibility, An Empirical Analysis of Market Value”, published in proceedings, presented at Clute International Academic Conference, Orlando, FL., January 2-4, 2014 (referee peer reviewed, awarded best session paper)
- Fiore, R., Howard, M. “Empirical Analysis of the Rates of Return Produced by Entrepreneurial Organization Reaching Initial Public Offering, Journal of Business and Economics, Vol.4, Number 12, Dec. 2013, pg. 1236-1246. (referee peer reviewed)
- Fiore, R., Lussier, R., Lee, L., “Measuring and Testing For Fundamental Attribution Error in Entrepreneurship” Proceedings, Academic Business Research Institute, Orlando Conference, January, 2013 (referee peer reviewed)
- Fiore, R., “The Entrepreneurs’ Random Walk”, Journal of Applied Business Research, May/June 2012 (referee peer reviewed)
- Fiore, R., “The Entrepreneurs’ Random Walk” Proceedings, Presented at Clute International Academic Conference, Awarded Best Session Paper, Orlando, FL., January 2-4, 2012 (referee peer reviewed)
- Fiore, R., & Howard, M. “Extraordinary Rates of Return Produced by Successful Entrepreneurial Organization, Presented at the Northeast Business & Economics Association Conference in Philadelphia PA, November 5, 2011. (referee peer reviewed)
- Howard, M. & Fiore, R., “Characterizing Extraordinary Rates of Return on Venture Capital”, Conference Proceedings, Small Business Institute Annual Conference, Springfield, MA, Sept 30-October 1, 2011 (referee peer reviewed)
- Fiore, R. Measuring Wealth Generation in Early-Stage Entrepreneurial
- Organizations: An Alternative to the Capital Asset Pricing Model,
- Journal of Small Business Strategy, Vol. 19, Number 2, Fall/Winter 2009 (referee peer reviewed)