Assistant Professor of Public Health
- (413) 748-3482
- Nutrient density
- Disease prevention
- Introduction to Health Care and Rehabilitation
- Introduction to Public Health
- Special Topics in Health Science – Nutrition in Public Health
- Principles of Epidemiology
- Senior Seminar in Rehabilitation and Disability Studies
- Bertone-Johnson ER, Houghton SC, Whitcomb BW, Sievert LL, Zagarins SE, Ronnenberg AG. Association of blood pressure with premenstrual syndrome in young adult women. Journal of Women’s Health. In press.
- Welch G, Balder A, Zagarins SE. Telehealth program for Type 2 Diabetes: Usability, satisfaction, and clinical usefulness in an urban community health center. Telemed J E Health. 2015 May;21(5):395-403.
- Welch G, Zagarins SE, Santiago-Kelly P, Rodriquez Z, Bursell SE, Rosal MC, Gabbay RA. An internet-based diabetes management platform improves team care and outcomes in an urban Latino population. Diabetes Care. 2015 Apr;38(4):561-7.
- Hasan FM, Zagarins SE, Pischke KM, Saiyed S, Bettencourt AM, Beal L, Macys D, McCleary N. Hypnotherapy is an Effective Aid for Smoking Cessation in Patients Hospitalized for a Cardiopulmonary Illness: Results of a Randomized Controlled Trial. Complement Ther Med. 2014 Feb;22(1):1-8.
- Gruenfeld E, Zagarins SE, Walker AP, Skinner SS. Fun and Fit: Evaluation of a Pediatric Exercise Program. J Pediatr Nurs. 2013 Nov-Dec;28(6):557-62.
- Zagarins SE, Ronnenberg AG, Gehlbach SH, Lin R, Bertone-Johnson ER. Are existing measures of overall diet quality associated with peak bone mass in young premenopausal women? Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics. 2012;25:172-9.
- Zagarins SE, Allen NA, Garb JL, Welch G. Improvement in Glycemic Control Following a Diabetes Education Intervention is Associated with Change in Diabetes Distress but Not Change in Depressive Symptoms. Journal of Behavioral Medicine. 2012;35:299-304.
- Zagarins SE, Allen NA, Skinner SS, Kemper AJ, Welch G. Improved Exercise Behaviors Associated with a Comprehensive Structured Exercise Program Following Bariatric Surgery. Bariatric Nursing and Surgical Patient Care. 2011; 6:85-90.
- Welch G, Zagarins SE, Shayne RF, Garb J. Motivational interviewing delivered by diabetes educators: Does it improve blood glucose control among poorly controlled type 2 diabetes patients? Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice. 2011;91:54-60.
- Zagarins SE, Ronnenberg AG, Gehlbach SH, Lin R, Bertone-Johnson ER. The association of lean mass and fat mass with peak bone mass in young premenopausal women. Journal of Clinical Densitometry. 2010;13:392-8.