- (413) 748-3188
Athletic Training and Exercise Science Facilities
Wayne Rodrigues has been a certified athletic trainer and faculty member at Springfield College for the past 35 Years. He has provided athletic health care service for numerous athletic teams and coordinates the Sports Injury Rehabilitation Clinic. In addition to service, Rodrigues has taught numerous athletic training courses in the areas of emergency care and sports injury rehabilitation. He was a licensed practicing paramedic for American Medical Response for 19 years and volunteered as a national ski patroller at a local ski area.
- Emergency Medical Response
- Therapeutic Interventions
- Athletic Training Fieldwork
- Senior Fieldwork in Athletic Training-Rehabilitation
Certifications and Memberships
- Certified Athletic Trainer
- Massachusetts Licensed Athletic Trainer
- Rhode Island Licensed Athletic Trainer
- American Red Cross CPR and First Aid Instructor
- Presenter: The Effects of Beam Non-Uniformity Ratio and Effective Radiating Area on the Therapeutic use of Ultrasound- Springfield College Symposium December, 2019
- Presenter: “The Opioid Epidemic and the Athletic Trainer’s Role in the Assessment and Management of Opioid Overdoses - Are We ready?” Evidence Based Practice. Eastern Athletic Trainer’s Association Annual meeting and Symposium, Foxwoods Casino, January 2020.
- Presenter: “Assessment and Management of Respiratory Emergencies”: Valley Athletic Trainers Association Conference- San Padre Island, TX, June 2019
- Panelist: “Issues in Applied Sports Psychology Training in a Multidisciplinary Sports Injury Rehabilitation Clinic” Association for Applied Sports Psychology – Northeast Regional Conference March 2019
- Presenter: "Assessment and Management of Respiratory Emergencies" Eastern Athletic Trainers Association Annual Meeting and Symposium, Evidence Based Practice —Three Hour Workshop January, 2019
- Presenter — Athletic Trainers of Massachusetts Young Members and April 3, 2017 Student Symposium. "Important Considerations in Airway Management and Oxygen Administration with Respiratory Emergencies"
- Presenter — Athletic Trainers of Massachusetts Spring Conference April, 2015 "Assessment of Medical Conditions: A Problem Based Approach"
- Facilitator - Eastern Athletic Trainers' Association Annual Meeting and Symposium "Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization” January 2015
Rodrigues, W. (Fall 2011) "Clinical Outcomes Research Education for Athletic Trainers". Athletic Training Practice-Based Research Newsletter.
O'Beirne, A., Jarosik, S., Rodrigues, W., Dodge, T., Van Raalte, J. L., & Brewer, B, W. (2016, September). Standard psychological consultation in sport injury rehabilitation: Progress of a pilot program. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Association for Applied Sport Psychology, Phoenix, AZ.