William Cleveland, PhD
- (414) 276-2300 Ext. 237
William Cleveland, PhD wants to make sure MBA graduates have an appreciation of the full scope of the nonprofit sector and how business decisions often form the basis for success or failure of an organization. He focuses on improving student writing as a key skill.
William Cleveland has worked with many nonprofit organizations and his career also included working with several for-profit businesses. He is interested in all aspects of business decisions as they affect nonprofit organizations. His research involves examining long-term trends and historical events that have had lasting impacts on the nonprofit sector.
- Financial Trends among nonprofit organizations
- How organizations navigate significant changes
Professional Certifications and Memberships
- ARNOVA member
- Board member of Salvation Army of Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Community Service and Volunteer Work
- Volunteer puppy raiser for Canine Companions for Independence since 1994
My work inspiration...
William Cleveland loves to see progress in learning among his students and recognizes that students come from many different places into his classroom.
When I'm not at work I like to...
When I'm not at work, I like to train puppies to become service dogs. Taking them out into public is part of the experience and involves answering a lot of questions from the inquiring public.
You may not know that...
I have taught dozens of adults how to swim.
- Defining Faith-Based Organizations and Understanding Them Through Research
- Faith-Based Organizations as Service Providers and Their Relationship to Government
- Opportunities to Increase Cross-Cultural Instruction: Impacts of a Distance Learning Course About U.S. Philanthropy Taught to Chinese Students