- (413) 748-3232
Wellness & Recreation Complex
Zhan (John) Liu began his career as an assistant professor and head of the Department of Physical Education and Health at Bryan College in Dayton, Tenn., a role he held from 1995-99. In August 1999, Liu joined Springfield College as an assistant professor in the Department of Physical Education. He became an associate professor in August 2003 and, in August 2010, was promoted to his current role of professor of physical education.
- Motor Control and Learning
- Development of Motor and Sport Skills of Young Children
- Assessment in Movement, Fitness, and Sports
- Rehabilitation and Prevention of Sport-Related Injuries
- Motor Learning and Control
- Assessment in Movement and Sport
- Proposal Design
- Research Methods
- Educational Statistics
Certifications and Memberships
- Functional Movement Screening (FMS) Level I and II
- Society of Health and Physical Educators (SHAPE) America
- International Chinese Society of Physical Activity and Health (ICSPAH)
- Liu, J. (2016). Approaches to development of movement patterns and motor skills of children. BSU International Forum 2016: Motor Development and Physical Activity Promotion of Children. Beijing Sport University, Beijing, China, May 21-23, 2016.
- Zou, L., Liu, J., France, T., Zeng, N., & Li, R. (2016). Relationship between functional movement screen scores and health-related physical fitness performance in college students. SHAPE America National Convention, Minneapolis, MN, April 9-12, 2016.
- Zeng, N., Liu, J., France, T., Zou, L., & Li, R. (2016). Relationship between functional movement screen scores and motor proficiency performance in college students. SHAPE America National Convention, Minneapolis, MN, April 9-12, 2016.
- Liu, J. (2015). Prevention and Rehabilitation of Sport Injuries in USA: New challenges and new approaches. Keynote Speaker, The 2015 Beijing Sport University International Strength and Conditioning Summit. Beijing, China, September 19-21, 2015.
- Liu, J. (2014). A comparative analysis on performance training concepts and methods in strength and conditioning between China and United States. Keynote Speaker, The 2014 Beijing International Performance Training Summit. Beijing, China, October 24-26.
- Liu, J., & Zhang, X. (2014). Differences in bilateral asymmetry of lower extremities between American male and female collegiate athletes and corrective exercises. Keynote Speaker, International Performance Training Summit. Beijing, P. R. China, May 23-25, 2014.
- Liu, J., & Dodge, T. (2013). Concussion in sports. Keynote Speakers, International Symposium on Sport Performance Control. Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China, November 29 - December 2.
- Liu, J. (2016). Application of human body movement patterns and kinetic chain in sports injury prevention and rehabilitation. Journal of Chengdu Sport University, 42(6): 1-11.
- Liu, J., Fu, H. J., & Sheu, F. R., & Chen, S (2014). The effect of provided and self-requested knowledge of performance on acquisition and transfer performance of an open sport skill. Asian Journal of Exercise and Sports Science，11(2), 46-55.
- Liu, J. (2011). Healthy exercises that you should know. Hong Kong: Hong Kong Commercial Press.
- Liu, J., Li, B., & Shnider, R. (2010). The effects of Tai Chi training on improving physical functions in patients with coronary heart diseases. Journal of Exercise Science and Fitness, 8(2), 78-84.