Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Services
Engagement and Learning Outcomes
So, what will you get out of coming to the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion? We’re glad you asked.
- Practice critical reflection
- Develop an appreciation for cultural differences
- Develop cross-cultural communication competencies to promote intergroup engagement and social responsibility
- Identify campus resources (e.g., faculty, support staff, and mentors) to help you transition into the college setting and gain a better sense of identity and self-confidence
- Develop academic, personal, and professional skills
We also can help connect you to other resources on campus, including the following.
Safe Zone helps to create a more accepting, affirming, supportive, inclusive, and equal environment for LGBTQ individuals at Springfield College through educational training sessions for faculty members, staff members, and students. Sessions are designed to generate greater awareness, knowledge, empathy, and commitment to action regarding issues, concerns, and inequality related to sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
To learn more, contact Elizabeth Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org.