Computing & Printing
- Learning Commons computers are for members of the Springfield College community (students, faculty, staff).
- While members of the community are welcome to use the WiFi on the 1st & 2nd floors, the computers on the 2nd floor require a Springfield College log in and are reserved for Springfield College students, faculty and staff. There are no printing or faxing capabilities for community members.
- There will be computers with printing capabilities available at Springfield College’s Center for Service and Leadership for community use. The Center is located at 285 Eastern Avenue. It is expected to open in early October.
- This pamphlet highlights where computer/printing services can be found elsewhere at Springfield College or at the Springfield City Library.
- Please refrain from viewing pornographic images because many people find them offensive.
- Keep conversations within reasonable sound levels.
- Use headphones when listening to music, watching videos, etc.
- Keep cell phones on vibrate and take calls elsewhere if possible.
Windows and Mac computers are available for students, faculty, and staff.
Wireless network access is available throughout the building. Community members are welcome to use the WiFi on the 1st and 2nd floors.
All computers for students, faculty, and staff use Follow-me Printing. Guest printing is not available.
Children and Youth
- Library Services assumes that parents or guardians of children are taking responsibility for their activities in the library, even if the children are unaccompanied.
- When school is in session High School students are welcome to use the 1st and 2nd floors of the Learning Commons after 3:00 p.m. This is at the request of the Springfield Public School Department.
Responsible Use of Technology
All students, faculty and staff of Springfield College and visitors to the College are responsible for adhering to the college's Technology Acceptable Use Policy.
The copyright law of the US (Title 17, USC) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. The person using this equipment is liable for copyright infringement. We appreciate your consideration.