Springfield College Summer Slam Wrestling Tournament
Middle school- and high school-age wrestlers are invited to participate in our daylong Springfield College Summer Slam Wrestling Tournament. Fourteen weight classes are available for high school students while the Madison System will determine the classes for middle school participants.
Weigh-ins begin at 8 a.m., followed by the competition at 10 a.m., which will run throughout the day until completion.
What else you need to know:
- Location: Physical Education Complex, Springfield College, 263 Alden St., Springfield, Mass.
- Middle school-age weight classes: Based on the Madison System
- High school-age weight classes: 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 138, 140, 145, 152, 160, 170, 182, 195, 220, and 285 (if certain weight classes do not get filled, wrestlers closest in weight will be matched up)
- Rules: The National Federation of State High School Associations “folkstyle” rules will apply. Wrestlers cannot wear high school singlets in the competition.
- Entry fee: $40
- Wrestling card: Please bring your USA wrestling card to the in-person registration (cards will be available for purchase at the tournament).
- Awards: Summer Slam T-shirts will be awarded to the champions of each weight class. Awards will be given to the top four finishers of each weight class.
- Tournament director: The tournament will be run by Springfield College Head Wrestling Coach Jason Holder and his coaching staff.
Contact information: Jennifer Tempone at (413) 748-5287 or email email@example.com