Counseling Psychology (PsyD)
About This Program
Graduate Admissions and Recruitment
Learn more about the Department of Psychology
Curriculum and Delivery
Start Dates and Duration
Paying for Your Education
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Virtual Information Session
Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 12:00 PM until 01:00 PM
The Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) in Counseling Psychology at Springfield College is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA).
In the PsyD in Counseling Psychology, your education will move swiftly from the classroom to the field. We follow the practitioner-scholar model, with an emphasis on clinical training and the application of research to practice.
Through practica opportunities, a full-time internship, a dissertation research project, and ongoing faculty mentoring, you will graduate with experience and research on your resume, an in-depth knowledge of the field, and a unique focus on service and social justice.
The program provides you with a solid foundation in theory, research, and practice. This includes skills in assessment, diagnosis, and treatment for application in a variety of practice settings and for use across the full spectrum of adjustment and psychological disorders.
How to Apply:
- Complete the FREE online application: Once your application form is processed you will receive an email with your application portal login credentials and instructions for submitting supplemental materials as listed below.
- GPA Requirement:
- Students who hold a bachelor's degree must have a minimum GPA of 3.20
- Students who hold a master's degree must have a minimum GPA of 3.30
- Essay: In two to three double-spaced pages, please describe significant life experiences that have contributed to your interest in your field, your understanding of this field, your occupational objectives, and why you have chosen Springfield College.
- Resume: Please include any college activities, out-of-school leadership experiences, work history, and community involvement to support your interest in or qualifications for graduate study.
- Three letters of recommendation: Recommenders will receive an email when you submit your application and will be able to upload your letter to your application.
- Interview: This program requires an interview.
- GRE Optional: It is optional to upload your GRE scores. The GRE is not required for the PsyD program. The Springfield College GRE code is 3763. You will be able to input your scores on your application. If you would like your GRE scores to be a part of your application, please make sure your official scores are submitted.
- Transcripts: An official transcript from each college/university you have attended is required. In order to be considered official, transcripts must be received directly from the original source, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to the college address:
Office of Graduate Admissions
263 Alden Street
Springfield, MA 01109
In addition to the above admissions requirements, all international applicants from non-English speaking countries are required to submit:
- Proof of English language proficiency by way of the TOEFL or IELTS: Other tests may be accepted on a case-by-case basis. Please refer to our language requirements for more information on acceptable tests, minimum scores, exemptions, and conditional acceptance. If your undergraduate degree was earned in the United States and you successfully completed college-level English, we will consider English language proficiency met.
- Please note: Transcripts must be in English. If the transcript is not in English you will be required to submit a professional credential evaluation completed by any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). For this we recommend SpanTran, with its customized portal for Springfield College applicants. World Education Services or Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. are also recommended for your credential evaluations.
The Office of International Admissions can assist you with questions you may have about enrolling at Springfield College as an international student by emailing email@example.com.
- Application Deadline: January 5
- Supporting Materials Deadline: January 5
- Application and Supporting Materials Deadline: January 5