Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Careers and Internships
In the master’s level health promotion and disease prevention concentration, students can expect to enter into a supervised field experience, which is designed to immerse them in the industry and give them valuable real-world experience.
From there, graduates will be ready to begin their career working to design, implement, and evaluate health and wellness programs, whether that’s for individuals or in an agency or organizational setting. They’ll also be ready to pass the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) exam, which will further job opportunities.
And, our graduates are successful in their career pursuits after graduation.
Below are a few organizations where our recent graduates have been employed.
- Brandeis University
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
- City of Springfield (MA) Department of Health and Human Services
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Quad Med
- University of Massachusetts - Amherst
- Wellness at Work: Berkshire Health Systems