Health Promotion and Disease Prevention Careers and Internships
In the master’s level health promotion and disease prevention concentration, students can expect to enter into a supervised field experience, which is designed to immerse them in the public health discipline of health promotion and disease prevention, and give them valuable, real-world experience.
From there, graduates are ready to begin their public health career working to design, implement, and evaluate health promotion and disease prevention programs for individuals and for the communities in which they live. They’ll also be ready to pass the Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) exam, which will further job opportunities.
Check out where some of our recent graduates are succeeding in their careers:
- Brandeis University
- Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- City of Springfield (Mass.) Department of Health and Human Services
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Quad Med
- University of Massachusetts
- Berkshire Health Systems
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Partners Healthcare
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health