In accord with the mission of Springfield College, the mission of the School of Professional and Continuing Studies is to provide broadly accessible higher education for adult learners that embodies the principles of Humanics, community partnership, and academic excellence to achieve social and economic justice.
The academic programs of the Springfield College School of Professional and Continuing Studies are designed to meet the needs of working adults who wish to earn a degree. Located at seven campuses across the country including Springfield, Mass., the School offers:
- Bachelor of Science in Human Services with optional concentrations
- Master of Science in Human Services
- Master of Business Administration in Nonprofit Management
- Face-to-face and online classes
- Degree completion in as little as 16 to 24 months (12 for MBA)
- Up to 72 credits may be brought into the undergraduate program through transfer credit from a regionally accredited institution and prior learning (credit varies depending on state regulations)
- Financial aid for qualified students
- Academic support from attentive staff and success specialists
Undergraduate and graduate classes typically meet two weekends per month, or on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at some campuses. Some online class options are available and required, allowing for an expansion of skills and increased value to employers. This dynamic schedule makes it possible for working adults to attend the School full-time while earning a degree. Part-time schedules are also available.