- Design of Field Education Sequence (pdf)
- Selection and Responsibilities of Field Supervisors (pdf)
- Required Activities and Academic Products (pdf)
- Student Obligations (pdf)
- Field Practicum Time Sheet (pdf)
- First Practicum Learning Contract (pdf)
- Field Placement Assignment Policies and Procedures
- First Practicum Field Workbook (pdf)
- Second Practicum Learning Contract (pdf)
- Second Practicum Field Workbook (pdf)
Field Education Office
Seminar in Field Instruction Information
Field Supervisors who have not yet taken the Seminar in Field Instruction (SIFI), either through Springfield College or another accredited graduate school of social work, must plan to do so. Most New England area schools of social work offer the SIFI through a cooperative network. If you would like to attend a seminar in your area at a participating school, please contact the school or program in graduate social work in your area. Please note that some schools are not able to take supervisors into their SIFISs who are supervising students from other schools.
At the Springfield College School of Social Work, participants:
- Receive 16 CEUs (must attend 7 of 8 sessions to meet the completion and CEU requirements)
- May access the School of Social Work Field Practicum Manual available online to Field Supervisors
- Receive the seminar and reading packets free of charge and provided at each session
- Receive a certificate of completion, awarded by the School of Social Work after completion of the CEU requirement
The School of Social Work is no longer accepting supervisor registrations for the 2017-18 SIFI classes. You will be placed on a waiting list for the 2018-2019 classes that start in September 2018. The Administrative Assistant for Office of Field Education, Sandra Nunley, will reach out to you as soon as the SIFI class schedule is finalized in early July or August.
Please feel free to contact Sandra Nunley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 413-748-3064 if you have any questions.
SPRINGFIELD: 9/15, 10/6, 10/13, 11/10, 12/8, 2/9, 2/23, 3/23 (4/20 makeup date)
WORCESTER: 9/14, 10/19, 11/16, 12/14, 1/11, 2/15, 3/22, 4/12, (4/26 makeup date)
PLEASE NOTE: Classes are from 9-11 a.m.
All SPRINGFIELD sessions will be held in the Brennan Center at 45 Island Pond Road, Springfield, MA.
All WORCESTER sessions will be held at 26 Queen Street, 3rd floor (room #1), Worcester MA 01610.
Please check in with the receptionist, who will guide you to the conference room.
Field Supervisors of the Year
To honor the contributions of Field Supervisors to the Springfield College School of Social Work, the following honorees have been recognized as Field Supervisors of the Year:
|2014||Joni Beck Brewer, MSW, LICSW
Vice president of Family Services, Square One, Springfield, Massachusetts
|Katherine Nazario, MSW
Social Worker, Opportunity High School, Hartford Public Schools, Connecticut
|2013||Baystate Medical Center, Department of Social Work
|Yale-New Haven Hospital, Department of Social Work
New Haven, Connecticut
|2012||Laura Failla Manship, MSW, MBA, LICSW
Holyoke Health Center
|Linda Henriques, MSW Certified School Social Worker
Noah Webster MicroSociety Magnet School
|2011||Constance Johnson, MSW, LICSW
Director of Co-Occurring Disorders and Internship Program
|2010||Aura Irizarry, MSW, MEd, LICSW, SAC
School Adjustment Counselor
|2009||Sarah Kendall-Ruest, MSW, LICSW
Staff Development Supervisor
|2008||Elizabeth Johnson-Tyson, MSW
|2007||Karen Poisson, MSW, LICSW
|2006||Douglas Cadiz, MSW, LICSW
Manager of Geriatrics and Extended Care Social Work Executive
|2005||Kate DeCou, PhD
Assistant Director of Field Education