Employee Wellness Programs
Take a short break from your work and de-stress with a chair massage. Massage therapist Leah DiPietro will provide fifteen-minute chair massages between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. in the Wellness Center Resource Room on the following dates:
- Monday, Jan. 22
- Monday, Feb. 26 (at Fit Fest in the Field House)
- Monday, March 19
- Monday, April 16
Reserve an appointment with Campus Recreation, at ext. 3468, by the Friday before each of the above dates. Participants may only register for the upcoming date.
Employee Group Exercise Classes
In addition to the general spring 2018 Campus Recreation Group Exercise Schedule, the following classes are offered to Springfield College Employee Wellness participants, beginning on Monday, Jan. 22 through Saturday, April 28. There will be a modified schedule during the week of spring break and during the week of final exams. All classes are held in the Wellness and Recreation Complex, room 214.
Registration is not required to participate in these classes. If you would like a private introduction to any class, please email Kristen Brosius at email@example.com.
Join us on Mondays from 12:05 to 12:50 p.m. for a kickboxing class that will knock you out! Get ready to punch & kick your way to an awesome cardiovascular workout using boxing, kickboxing, and martial arts techniques.
Join us on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12:05 to 1 p.m. to reset, relax, and recharge. Connect with your body, mind, & spirit while improving your strength and flexibility. All levels welcome.
BODYPUMP, the original Les Mills barbell class, will sculpt, tone, and strengthen your entire body. BODYPUMP will help you burn fat, gain strength, and quickly produce lean body muscle conditioning. This class is held from 12:05 to 12:50 p.m. on Wednesdays.
Note: We will not be offering a Friday "Employee Wellness" class, however, we will be offering a 12:05 to 12:50 p.m. Zumba class!
Employee Wellness participants are invited to attend two wellness seminars each semester that include a lecture and discussion. Healthy lunches, provided by ARAMARK, are offered during these seminars, which are held in the Athletic Training and Exercise Science building Room 225 or PE Complex Room 117/119 (TBD based on space availability), from 12-12:45 p.m. Please register at least one week in advance (before each scheduled seminar/workshop).
Topic: Heart Healthy Living
- Date: Monday, Feb. 12
- Time: Noon
- Location: P.E. Complex, Room 119
- Presenters: Sue Guyer, DPE, Professor of Exercise Science and Sports Studies, Chair of the Department of Exercise Science and Sport Studies
Most of us know we should eat right and exercise, but stress, smoking, and other behaviors can also contribute to many different health problems including increased risk of heart disease. We will discuss holistic approaches and tips for making better choices for heart health and overall wellness.
Topic: Balanced Diet 2.0
- Date: Monday, March 5
- Time: Noon
- Location: P.E. Complex, Room 117
- Presenters: Robin Amylon
Let's pick up where we left off! Come join us for part II of the Balanced Diet series where Robin Amylon will discuss the fundamentals of balanced nutrition and how our nutritional needs change as we age.
March Into May (Spring)
Get moving this semester with our annual walking challenge for Employee Wellness participants (students are also welcome to register). Participants who need a pedometer can pick up them from the Office of Campus Recreation. Please email Kristen Brosius at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a pedometer. The program will run March 1-May 1.
Prizes (TBD) will be awarded to the following steppers:
- Participant with the highest number of steps
- Top department with the highest average step counts
- Participants who submit steps for at least 50 days
Registration is required. (Note: if you participated in Fall into Wellness, you do not need to create a new account.)
Benefits of Enrollment*
- Enrollment gift
- One fitness assessment (per year)
- Two personal training sessions
- Monthly chair massages
- Exclusive lunchtime employee group exercise classes
- Motivation Monday seminars (healthy lunch provided - two per semester)
- Great incentive prizes
*Some programs will be limited to a certain number of participants. Some programs will only be scheduled during the academic year. All benefits listed are complimentary.
- Full and part-time staff
- Full and part-time faculty
- Spouses of staff or faculty*
*Spouses may enroll and participate in programs, but are not be eligible for enrollment gifts or incentive prizes. Chair massages are limited to Springfield College staff and faculty members only.
How To Enroll
Complete the Employee Wellness Enrollment Form:
Employee Wellness Enrollment Form
1. Submit the completed enrollment form to Campus Recreation in person.
2. Upon enrollment you will receive your enrollment gifts. You will also be added to the employee wellness email list.
- Employee Wellness participants have the option to participate in our incentive program which runs during each year.
- Any points accrued over the summer can be added to the succeeding fall semester total.
- At the end of each academic year, Campus Recreation will announce a designated period to redeem prizes.
- Points left over from the fall semester may be carried over to the spring semester of the same academic year.
- Participants should tally and submit their points to Kristen Brosius or Timarie Villa during the designated period to redeem prizes (at the end of each semester).
Wellness Point Allocation:
|Group Exercise Class||1|
|Personal Training Session||3|
|Healthy Cooking Class||3|
|Approved Wellness Programs||3|
Some or all Wellness Points submitted may be redeemed for fun incentive prizes.
- Chapstick (5 points)
- Mobile device card holder (10 points)
- Reusable grocery bag (15 points)
- Tumbler (20 points)
- Travel mug (25 points)
- Resistance loop band (30 points)
- Yoga mat (40 points)
- Exercise ball (50 points)
- Half foam-roller (75 points)
- Employee Wellness activity log (journal) (100 points)
- Massage stick (125 points)
- Duffel bag (150 points)
Submit Your Wellness Points
- You can track your points using the yellow "Wellness Point Tracking Cards" located at the Wellness Welcome Desk (in the filing box), in room 214, or in room 202. Once tallied, you can turn your cards in to Kristen Brosius at the end of each semester to redeem your prize(s).
- You can track your points using your own personal Excel spreadsheet. You can then electronically send (email) your spreadsheet to Kristen Brosius at the end of the semester, or bring a copy of your spreadsheet to the Office of Campus Recreation.
Please note: Points need to be tallied and submitted to redeem prizes.