Attention Exhibitors: Exhibitor registration is closed!
General Event Information
Date: Monday, Feb. 26, 2018
Time: 11 a.m. to 1:30p.m.
Location: Wellness & Recreation Complex Field House
Exhibitor Registration Information
General Exhibitor Information
Fit Fest 2018 will take place on Monday, February 26, 2018. We are currently seeking exhibitors to participate in Fit Fest by hosting an interactive table or station that promotes your health and wellness specialty to Fit Fest attendees. Below, you will find a listing of suggested focus areas of your table/station to help you choose topics that will be beneficial for Fit Fest attendees.
- Access to quality health services
- Arthritis, osteoporosis, and chronic back conditions
- Chronic kidney disease
- Disability and secondary conditions
- Educational and community-based programs
- Environmental health
- Family planning
- Food safety
- Health communication
- Heart disease and stroke
- Immunizations and infectious diseases
- Injury and violence prevention
- Injury rehabilitation
- Maternal, infant, and child health
- Medical product safety
- Mental health and mental disorders
- Nutrition and obesity
- Occupational safety and health
- Oral health
- Physical activity and fitness
- Public health infrastructure
- Respiratory diseases
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Skin health
- Sleep disorders
- Stress management
- Substance abuse
- Suicide prevention
- Tobacco use
- Vision and hearing
The Fit Fest committee will supply you with a standard six- to eight-foot table and two chairs. If you have a banner representing your department, please bring it to display. Please list any special requests when completing your registration proposal form. Should the committee have any concerns regarding your request, you will be contacted via email or phone.
All exhibitors will receive a t-shirt during exhibitor check-in (up to three T-shirts per exhibit).
Want to be an Exhibitor?
Fit Fest 2018 will take place on Monday, February 26, from 11a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The site for this year's Fit Fest is the Field House, located in the Wellness & Recreation Complex at Springfield College.
Please complete and submit this form by Monday, February 19, 2018 (one week prior to the event). Please keep in mind that proposals will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, space permitting.
If you, your department or organization, or a class or group can commit to exhibiting, you or those appointed to the exhibit are expected to be present during the entire event from 10 a.m. (for set-up) to 1:30 p.m. (keep in mind, you can coordinate shift changes).
You will receive a confirmation email within one week of completing the proposal form. Also, you will receive a detailed email with complete event information by mid-February.
Please note: any proposals for hosting an exhibit should focus on health/wellness promotion and education. Additionally, the promotion or soliciting of products for personal gain/business will not be permitted.
Any questions can be sent to Kristen "Brosh" Brosius at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Exhibitors: Important Event Information
Parking and Directions
- NOTE: Due to snow build-up and safety reasons, you WILL NOT have access to the Field House via the garage door from Lot 10. All exhibitors will have to access the Field House via the PE Complex entrance.
- All exhibitors should park in Lot 10. Please refer to the “Exhibitor and Visitor Parking” tab on our Web page for detailed driving and parking instructions.
- On-campus exhibitors only: on-campus exhibitors should park in their regular, designated lot (based on your assigned permit allowance).
Exhibitor “Drop-Off” Area – we are here to help!
- We will have an “Exhibitor Drop-off” area outside of the PE Complex entrance for those of you who would like to drop off your exhibit supplies/equipment (to avoid carrying items from the parking lot).
- Once you have dropped off your supplies/equipment with our event staff, you can then park your vehicle in Lot 10 and then meet our event staff in the PE Complex lobby area to be escorted to the Field House to check-in.
- The “Exhibitor Welcome” check-in table is located as you enter the Field House (right-hand side – near Field House restrooms).
- To access the Field House, please enter through the PE Complex entrance (there will be signage outside of the entrance doors).
- We will have event staff available to help you carry your belongings to the Field House, as well as to direct you to the “Exhibitor Welcome” check-in table.
Exhibitor Check-In Welcome Bag (to be given at the Exhibitor Welcome Table during check-in)
- Exhibitor T-shirts vouchers - you will have up to three (depending on the number of facilitators listed on your registration form) T-shirt vouchers given to you on the day of the event. You will simply bring your voucher(s) to the T-shirt table (located toward the back of the Field House) to pick up your event T-shirt(s).
- Event stamps (2) – please stamp participants’ cards as they visit your exhibit. Note: please stamp the box that coincides with your table number (found on your table title stand). If for some reason neither or your stamps work, please go to the exhibitor welcome table to pick-up a replacement stamp.
- Water – we will provide two bottles of water per exhibit. Please let our event staff know if you need more.
- Exhibitor name badges – please wear your designated exhibitor name badge during the event. We have provided two per table. *PLEASE LEAVE YOUR EXHIBITOR NAME BADGES AND STAMPS ON YOUR TABLE AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE EVENT.
Exhibit Set-up (10-10:45 a.m.)
- Set-up will begin at 10 a.m. on the morning of the event. Should you arrive before 10 a.m., your table may not be ready.
- Please arrive NO LATER than 10:45 a.m. to set-up.
- We do ask that someone supervise your table/exhibit for the entire duration of the event (11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.).
Food and Drinks
- We will be asking exhibitors and attendees to refrain from eating or drinking (anything but water) on the Field House level (downstairs). However, there is catered food and drinks available on the mezzanine level (upstairs), as well as a sitting area.
Wi-Fi Access, Electrical Needs, and Special Requests
- Please note that the volume of users (including exhibitors and Fit Fest participants) can affect Internet connectivity during the event. You will have access to our “scmobile” network, but please know that the internet could be “spotty” at times. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Please plan accordingly if you NEED Wi-Fi as part of your exhibit.
- We have coordinated the event layout to best suit the needs and requests of every exhibitor. If there is a power strip or extension cord on your exhibitor table when you arrive, please share with the adjacent table(s) if needed. This will help to minimize the number of cables running along and across participants’ footpaths.
- At the end of the event, please place the power strip or extension cord back on your table to be picked up by event staff.
- Any special requests that could not be met by our staff have been communicated to the individual registered your business/organization. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Please look for an event staff member (indicated by “event staff” ribbon on name badge) to help locate either myself, Christine Johnston, Lauren Dwyer, or Scott Woodaman.
- Any questions or concerns should be directed toward Kristen (Brosh) Brosius at (413) 748-3721.
Exhibitor and Visitor Parking
All exhibitors and visitor should park in Lot 10. Please click here to view the campus map. Lot 10 is indicated by a large text box (FIT FEST PARKING) with an arrow pointing to Lot 10.
Weather permitting, we will allow exhibitors to drop-off their table supplies using the Field House garage door (with access from Lot 10) between 10-10:45a.m. Otherwise, the garage door will remain closed for the event, and exhibitors will need to use the PE Complex entrance to gain access to the Field House (and to the exhibitor check-in table located in the Field House).
Directions to Lot 10 (once you arrive on campus – on Alden Street):
Once on Alden Street, looked for the marked stone “Physical Education Complex.”
Turn onto the PE Complex driveway (Naismith Circle Street Sign). As you pull up the driveway, the outdoor tennis courts will be on your left – please follow the driveway/road all the way back to the parking lot (Lot 10).
Note: there will be Fit Fest parking signage at the end of the driveway.
Directions to the Springfield College Main Campus
From the East or West - View the Map / Get Driving Directions
Take the Massachusetts Turnpike, Interstate 90, to Exit 4 to merge onto Interstate 91 South. Follow 91 South to Exit 4 (Route 83/East Longmeadow). At the light at the bottom of the ramp, turn left, following signs for 83 South. At the immediate light after the underpass, bear right onto Longhill Street, following signs for 83 South. At the first light (top of Longhill), turn left onto Sumner Avenue. After two miles, turn left onto Roosevelt Avenue. Continue through two traffic lights, then bear left at the stop sign. Half a mile after the stop sign, cross a bridge and turn left onto Alden Street.
From the North - View the Map / Get Driving Directions
Take Interstate 91 South to Exit 4 toward Route 83 East Longmeadow. At the bottom of the ramp, at the lights, turn left, following signs to 83 South. At the immediate light after the underpass, bear right, following signs for 83 South onto Longhill St. Turn left onto Sumner Ave. After two miles, turn left onto Roosevelt Avenue. Continue through two traffic lights, then bear left at the stop sign. Half a mile after the stop sign, cross a bridge and turn left onto Alden Street.
From the South - View the Map / Get Driving Directions
Take Interstate 91 North to Exit 2, Route 83. Proceed on Route 83 to the second traffic light and turn right onto Sumner Avenue. After two miles, turn left onto Roosevelt Avenue. Continue through two traffic lights, then bear left at the stop sign. Half a mile after the stop sign, cross a bridge and turn left onto Alden Street.
Exhibitor Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is Fit Fest?
Fit Fest is Springfield College’s annual health and wellness fair that celebrates our longstanding emphasis on personal health, wellness, and fitness. We welcome campus and local community (area businesses and organizations) members to serve as exhibitors who educate participants on how to achieve personal wellness through various activities, screenings, and by providing information on local resources, programs, and services. Our focus is to offer interactive and educational exhibits that are centered around topics such as heart health, mental health, nutrition, food safety, health care, and much more.
What time should I arrive to set-up my exhibit?
Please plan to arrive between 10-10:30 a.m. Our exhibitor welcome table will be staffed from 10-11 a.m. Please ensure that your exhibit is fully set up by 11 a.m.
Where do I check-in once I arrive?
Please enter the PE Complex and you will be escorted to the entrance of the Field House to check-in at our ‘Exhibitor Welcome Check-In’ table.
We will have event staff to help you carry your belongings to the Field House; to direct you to our Exhibitor Welcome Check-In table, and bring you to your assigned table area.
Where should I park?
All exhibitors should park in Lot 10. Please refer to the “Exhibitor and Visitor Parking” tab for detailed driving and parking directions.
I have a lot of things to carry in. Will there be someone available to help me carry my exhibit supplies and/or equipment?
Yes! New this year will be our “Exhibitor Drop-Off” area. This is a designated area outside of the PE Complex (on your way to Lot 10) where our event staff will greet you (in their bright orange shirts) and take your belongings inside.
Once you have parked your vehicle, you should walk back to the PE Complex entrance (where you dropped off your belongings) to meet our event staff. Our event staff will then help to carry your belongings to the Field House where you can check-in.
NOTE: The garage door leading to Lot 10 from the Field House WILL NOT BE ACCESSIBLE during our event. Please plan to enter and exit through the PE Complex.
Is there anything I need to pick-up when I check-in?
Upon checking-in, you will pick up the following:
- Exhibitor T-shirts: Based on the information you provided on your registration form. Note: there is a maximum of three T-shirts allocated per exhibit.
- Event Stamp: Please stamp participants’ cards as they visit your exhibit (note: you should stamp the box number on the card that is also your table #).
- Water: We will offer bottled water to exhibitors.
- Name Badges: Every exhibitor will receive an “exhibitor” name badge.
What should I do if I need a different size t-shirt?
Not a problem! Please bring your T-shirt upstairs (mezzanine level) to exchange it.
Do I have to stay for the entire event?
Yes, we ask that you please plan to stay for the duration of the event. If you are not able to stay the entire time, please coordinate someone taking your place when you need to leave.
Fit Fest Planning Committee Members
Kristen Brosius (Chair)
Assistant Director of Campus Recreation, Fitness & Wellness
Assistant Director of Campus Recreation, Alcohol and Other Drug Education and Health Promotion
Assistant Director of Campus Recreation, Facility Operations, Marketing, & Student Development
Graduate Associate for Fitness and Wellness, Campus Recreation
Graduate Associate for Fitness and Wellness, Campus Recreation