Ready to apply to study abroad? Follow these easy application steps and you’ll be well on your way.
To be eligible to study abroad, you must meet the following criteria.
- Minimum cumulative Springfield College GPA of 3.0
- Full-time undergraduate enrollment
- At least 30 credit hours completed
- Transfer students must complete one full semester at Springfield College prior to application to be eligible.
- Good academic and social standing
Additional requirements may also apply to each program, and may include language proficiency or course prerequisites.
When to Apply
Most programs require students to apply the semester prior to departure. All parts of the Study Abroad application must be completed, signed, and submitted to the International Center by April 1 for fall programs and October 1 for spring programs.
Students and their families should be aware that the U.S. Department of State maintains a website for U.S. citizen students who are, or will be, studying abroad. A safe experience abroad is our priority.