Spring 2016 - Hours of Operation
Wellness & Recreation Complex:
Monday - Friday: 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Monday - Thursday: 3-8 p.m.
Friday: 3-6 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED
Monday - Thursday: 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.; 6-8p.m.
Friday: 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: 1-4 p.m.
*Schedule subject to change for holidays and special events
To promote the health, fitness, and wellness of the College’s students, faculty, and staff through their participation in a variety of structured and informal recreational activities and adventures emphasizing lifelong wellness.
How We Achieve Our Mission
Campus Recreation offers programs, services, and employment opportunities that enhance a student’s co-curricular experience and promote the development of self-esteem, leadership skills, healthy behaviors, meaningful relationships, career opportunities or choices, effective communication, and more.
Supporting the Mission
Campus Recreation supports its mission through:
- Structured and unstructured activities and diverse programs and services in:
- open recreation
- intramural sports
- sport clubs
- fitness and wellness
- extramural programs
- Leadership and collaboration in coordinating and scheduling events, facilities, and maintenance with our partners in the School of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation and the College’s intercollegiate athletics program
- Student employment opportunities that enhance leadership development
- Intramural programs and sports clubs that offer leadership roles for participants, such as through service as team captains, club officers, and so forth
- Outreach to students through SOAR, NSO, Open Houses, Homecoming, Alumni College, and Family & Friends Weekend, and other college events
- Providing access to quality facilities
In addition, Campus Recreation provides:
- High-quality programs, qualified personnel, and state-of-the-art equipment in a supportive and safe environment
- Opportunities to develop lifelong leisure practices associated with physical, spiritual, and intellectual health and well-being, all of which support making responsible choices that contribute to overall well-being
- Inclusive recreational opportunities and environments that foster an appreciation for diversity
- Employment, volunteer, and service opportunities for students to develop a commitment to serving humanity