International Undergraduate Scholarship

Access the Net Price Calculator

$10,000 per year* ($40,000 over four years)

New undergraduate international, first-year, or transfer students meeting the admissions criteria will be awarded an academic/merit scholarship upon admission into Springfield College. The academic scholarship is solely for tuition, for a maximum of eight full-time semesters, and only for undergraduate degrees. Students who have government sponsorship are not eligible.

*Students with higher academic credentials may be awarded $12,000 per year ($48,000 over four years).

Additional International Undergraduate Awards

These scholarships/awards may be combined with other awards, not to exceed cost of tuition.
Important: Limit of two scholarships/awards in addition to the academic/merit scholarship.

International Student Housing Award
This annual award of $6,660 (or $26,640 over four years) covers the cost of a double room in selected residence halls on campus for four years. The award is given to the first 25 international undergraduate students who have been admitted to Springfield College, who are degree-seeking full-time students, and who have committed to attend Springfield College by submitting the enrollment deposit.  
Legacy Award
A one-time award of $2,000 upon entry into Springfield College to any student whose brother, sister, parent, or grandparent (including step family members) received a degree from Springfield College or are currently enrolled as a degree-seeking student. (Only one award regardless of the number of family members attending or previously receiving degrees.)
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship for Transfer Students: $2,500
International transfer students who are at a community college in the United States and who are members of the Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society are eligible. This annual scholarship is valued at $2,500 and is added to the merit/academic scholarship. It is renewable, provided the student maintains full-time status (a minimum of 12 academic credits per semester) and continues to make satisfactory progress towards a four-year undergraduate degree.

International Graduate Scholarship

International graduate students are eligible to apply for fellowships, associateships, assistantships, and scholarships.

Learn more about these options.

Additional Assistance

Student Employment
A variety of positions may be available in departments and offices throughout the campus. Available positions are posted by the Career Center. The student is responsible for securing employment. Each department is responsible for securing employment. Each department is responsible for its own hiring decisions.

Employment in F1 Status
Students in F1 Status may only obtain on-campus work. Students may work on campus for no more than 20 hours per week while school is in session and 40 hours per week during school breaks.
Students must have a social security number in order to work. Contact the International Center for assistance.

The Career Center
The Career Center can assist international students in identifying off-campus jobs or career-related positions. These experiences may provide students with the opportunity to earn money while gaining valuable career-related experience. International students must have a social security number in order to work off campus.