The Career Center is an excellent resource to help students plan for their futures. Students from all programs and schools are encouraged to work with the Career Center staff as early as their first year. The experienced staff is committed to student learning and development, and offers a variety of programs and services for students and alumni to help you with with the job search and career preparation.
Working with a career counselor can help individuals:
- Decide on an appropriate major
- Help define career goals and develop a four-year career plan
- Make informed career decisions
- Explore internship and pre-professional development
- Learn how to conduct a professional job search
- Create a targeted resume
- Develop effective interviewing techniques
- Prepare for the transition to work world
- Assist in the preparation to graduate or professional school
Job Search Strategies
Job fairs, job search seminars, individualized resume and cover letter assistance, online employment and internship job postings, on-campus interviews, alumni networking, and Career Center events all prepare students for employment and connect them with job opportunities.
Graduate School Advisement
Individual advising and seminars guide students through the graduate school search and application process. The Career Center provides an annual GRE prep course.
Students have a wide range of opportunities to apply what they learn in the classroom, gain real-world experience, and advance their professional development.
Online, print, and video reference materials on careers, career decision-making, internships, graduate school, employment trends, and international opportunities are available through the Career Center library.