- (413) 748-3362
Wellness & Recreation Complex
Adam Feit brings more than 15 years of coaching and consulting experience with a multitude of youth, collegiate, Olympic, and professional athletic teams, including the Buffalo Bills, Calgary Flames, Brooklyn Nets, and USA Olympic teams. Feit also has served as a collegiate and professional strength and conditioning coach and nutrition coordinator for the NFL's Carolina Panthers, Eastern Michigan University, University of Louisville, and The Citadel. Prior to returning to Springfield College, Feit worked as the head strength and sport psychology coach for Precision Nutrition, the largest nutrition coaching, certification, and software company in the world.
- Use of mental skills in strength and conditioning
- Coaching efficacy and education
- Youth physical and mental performance
- AEXS 470 Strength and Conditioning
- AEXS 471 Strength and Conditioning Applications
- AEXS 678: Sport Psychology
- AEXS 689: Internship in Sport Psychology
- National Strength and Conditioning Association - Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist
- Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Association - Strength and Conditioning Coach Certified
- National Academy of Sports Medicine - Performance Enhancement Specialist
- Precision Nutrition - Level 2 Master Coach
Conferences and Presentations
- Feit, A. (2021, May). Defining your own mindset manual. Keynote workshop presented at the PROGRESS International Summit, Virtual.
- Feit, A. (2021, May). Sharpening the mental edge: The use of sport psychology techniques in strength and conditioning. Workshop presented at the CSCCa National Conference, Virtual.
- Feit, A. (2021, May). Performance Nutrition: Intersecting physiology with psychology. Workshop presented at the High-Performance Basketball Symposium, Virtual.
- Feit, A. (2021, January). Autonomy-supportive coaching: A new perspective on training athletes. Workshop presented at the NSCA Coaches Conference, Virtual.
- Feit, A., Feit, M., Thompson, B., & Bergan, M. (2021, January). How to foster a quality internship program. Roundtable presented at the NSCA Coaches Conference, Virtual.
- Feit, A., & Hutchinson, J. (2020, March/October). The use of sport psychology techniques in collegiate strength and conditioning. Workshop presented at the Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP) Regional and National Conference, Springfield, MA & Virtual.
- Feit, A. (2020, September). Psychology of change: Understanding the process behind real nutrition coaching. Workshop presented at the Perform Better Summer Seminar Series, Virtual.
- Feit, A. (2020, January). Coaching, consulting, and performance management. Workshop presented at the NSCA Coaches Conference, San Antonio, TN.
- Feit, A. (2019, November). Gold meals and ground-based training: Reducing the risk of injury in winter sport athletes. Workshop presented at the 2019 International Forum of Sports Physiotherapy, Beijing, China.
- Gearity, B. T., Szedlak, C., Kuklick, C., Mills, J., Feit, M. K., Callary, B., Feit, A., & Bergan, M. (2021). Enriching selves in S & C society: A multilevel proposal to enhance S&C psychosocial practice as part of the council on accreditation of strength and conditioning education. Strength and Conditioning Journal, 43(2), 92-103.
- Feit, A. (2019). Chapter 11: Thermometer vs thermostat, Chapter 131: Carrots, eggs, and coffee beans, & Chapter 150: The boulder and the king. In Ron McKeefery (Ed.), Weight room wisdom: Lessons in leadership from 99 strength coaches. Knoxville, TN: McKefeery Enterprises.
- Feit, A. (2018). Chapter 8: Jump training for performance. In Athletes Acceleration (Ed), Complete sports training: Speed, strength, and conditioning for today’s athlete (pp. 89-115). North Attleboro, MA: Athletes Acceleration.
- Feit, A., & Smith, R. (2018). Chapter 7: Plyometric training. In International Youth Conditioning Association (Eds), Principles of athletic strength and conditioning (pp.125-143). Plymouth, MI: Crew Press.
- Feit, A. (2017). Chapter 3: Seek to understand ‘The Specialist.’ In B. Bartholomew (Ed), Conscious coaching: The art of science and building buy-in (pp.115-120). San Bernardino, CA: CreateSpace.
- Feit, A., (Producer, Director) & Smith, R. (Producer, Director). (2016). Complete Guide to Training the Female Athlete [DVD]. North Attleboro, MA: Athletes Acceleration.
- Feit, A., (Producer, Director) & Smith, R. (Producer, Director). (2016). Coaches’ Guide to Jump Training [DVD]. North Attleboro, MA: Athletes Acceleration.