- (413) 748-3567
Wellness & Recreation Complex
Chelsea Allison graduated from the University of Tennessee Knoxville in 2021 with a Doctor of Philosophy in Nutritional Sciences and a concentration in Community Nutrition. She completed her Dietetic Internship in 2020 and took the exam to be a Registered Dietitian in 2021. Her research interests include focusing on sustainable food systems in the community and in the classroom by integrating the two to create stronger projects. She hopes to promote health equity and increase food security in and around the Springfield community in the years to come.
- Introduction to Nutrition
- Advanced Nutrition and Metabolism
- Applied Nutrition
Certifications and Memberships
- Registered Dietitian
- Society of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- American Public Health Association
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Allison C, Patrick L, Anderson Steeves E, Hellwinckel C, Zhou W, Colby S. Process Evaluation of a Sustainable Food Systems Course for First Year College Students. J Nutr Educ Behav. 2020;52(7): Supplement.
- Allison C, Riggsbee K, Hall E, Mathews A, Olfert MD, Colby S. Development and Validation of a Tool to Assess Top Health Priorities of College Students. J Nutr Educ Behav. 2020;52(7): Supplement.
- Allison C, Black M, Payne M, Russomanno J, McElrone M, Griswold S, Spence M. Implementation and Evaluation of a Policy to Increase WIC-Farmers Market Nutrition Program Voucher Redemption. American Public Health Association Annual Meeting & Expo. Philadelphia, PA. November 2 – 6, 2019 (oral presentation).
- Colby S, Zhou W, Allison C, Mathews A, Olfert MD, Morrell J, Byrd-Bredbenner C, Greene G, Brown O, Kattelmann K, Shelnutt K. Development and validation of the Short Healthy Eating Index (sHEI) survey with a college population to assess dietary quality and intake. Nutrients. 2020;12(9):2611.
- Allison C, Colby S, Opoku-Acheampong A, Kidd T, Kattelmann K, Olfert MD, Zhou W. Accuracy of self-reported BMI using objective measurement in high school students. Journal of Nutritional Science. 2020;9(e35):1-8.
- Colby S, Moret L, Olfert MD, Kattelmann K, Franzen-Castle L, Riggsbee K, Payne M, Ellington A, Springer C, Allison C, Wiggins S, Butler R, Mathews D, White AA. Incorporating technology in the iCook-4H intervention program for youth and adults. JMIR Pediatr Parent. 2019;2(2).
- Sowers MF, Colby SE, Allison CL, Zhou W. Development and validation of a B. E. A. N. survey for college students. Journal of Food and Nutrition Sciences. 2018;6(2):37-45.