Professor of English
- (413) 748-3844
- Campus Map
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Connecticut, Storrs, Conn., 2000
- Master of Arts, Northeastern University, Boston, 1990
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, 1987
Dennis Gouws is professor of English at Springfield College and director of the Australian Institute of Male Health and Studies. He serves on the executive board of New Male Studies: An International Journal, on the editorial board of The International Journal of Family Research and Policy and on the advisory board of The Foundation for Male Studies.
- British Literature after 1789
- The Victorian Manhood Question
- Postcolonial Literature
- Gouws, D. "A Male-Positive Introduction to the Victorian Manhood Question." New Male Studies: An International Journal. Vol. 2.2, 2013
- Gouws, D. "Orientalism and David Hockney’s Cavafy Etchings: Exploring a Male-Positive Imaginative Geography” in The International Journal of the Arts in Society (Vol. 6.6, 2012)
- Gouws, D. “Boys and Men Reading Shakespeare’s 1 Henry 4: Using Service-Learning Strategies to Accommodate Male Learners and to Disseminate Male-Positive Literacy” in Academic Service-Learning across Disciplines: Models, Outcomes, and Assessment (2012).