Dionne Hill, EdD
- (713) 681-1120
- Doctorate of Education, Counselor Education, Texas Southern University, Houston, Texas
- Master of Education, Community Counseling, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio
- Bachelor of Applied Arts, Journalism, Central Michigan University, Mount Pleasant, Michigan
As a seasoned professional I have over 12 years in the field of mental health and have been an LPC Supervisor for 10 years.
- Group Counseling Skills
- Psychopharmacology For Mental Health Counselors
- Multicultural and Diversity Aspects of Empowerment Counseling
- Practicum II and III
- Human Growth And Development
- Career Counseling
Professional Certifications and Memberships
- Texas Counseling Association
- American Counseling Association
- Houston Licensed Professional Counselor Association
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor Intern
- Licensed Professional Counselor-Supervisor
Community Service and Volunteer Work
- Houston Food Bank Volunteer 2015-2016
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender (GLBT)
CEU co-presenter; Counseling Different Generations, techniques to use, 2017.
CEU co-presenter; The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD, “ Suicide and Ethical Responsibility, 2016.
- A Counselors View of Italy Institute, Old Dominion University Study Abroad– Lecturer on Mental Health Counseling, Tuscany, Italy, May 9-26, 2007.
- Flauto, P. & Redmond, D. (May 2001).“Gender Identity Disorder in Children.” Resources in Education.
- Reviewer of the workbook The ABC’s of Relationships and Workbook, By C. Moore. (January 2007).
- Doctoral Dissertation (2006). The Influence of Knowledge of Homosexuality and Religious Importance on Homophobic Behaviors of African American Students Attending a Historically Black College.
- Newsletter for Association for Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transsexual. (January 2009)